Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: moonlighting silverwood...

Default moonlighting silverwood...

afternoon fellow fnn'rs, me and a buddy were thinking bout hitting silverwood tonight chasing after the cats and linesides. (after the lakers win of course ) in the past, I've made two moonlighting trips with no success, so i thought i turned to the pros on this one. My buddy just started fishing, so i really like him to hook up on a fish. any info on locations or bait would just be a godsend. i know bout fishing the dam, but an not afraid to hike in to better locations. as for baits, i figured the standard..... inflated crawlers and cut chovies (please correct me if im wrong). any information would be truly valued and appreciated.

Cheers to beer drinking and drag screamin,
    piss on myspace

If you drive over to the silverwood dam area, just before you get to the top of the dam parking there is a dirt road off to the left. If you drive it you can go over to the other side of the lake just opposite of the dam. It use to be good area for striper and cats if you park and walk down to the lake point. It has been a while it since I have been down that road. It might be open in that area. Chovies and worms will work. Just bring your R.P.G"S and Barrett 50 cal. and you will be ok. Just kidding!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CALFISHER4EVR; 06-08-2010 at 06:38 PM.

thank you calfisher4evr, good fishing karma is on the way...thats just the type of info i was looking for...i got no guns, but i'm pretty good with a bow staff and nunchucks. any of you other pros got any options or tips...getting my stuff together now. thanks in advance.

oh yeah 1 more question... should i flyline the chovies or split shot orrrrr leader / water bobber?

I was totally kidding about the packing the guns stuff. There is some decent coves in that area. If there is some weeds in the coves. I would use whatever will get you out in the deeper water. I would try flyline first for stripers. The coves are good because the stripers go up in there in schools in the early morning and at sunset. The cat are sometimes good next to the rock quarry where the deep water comes up into the shallow areas. Hope to see a post come later. Good luck!