Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 0-4 at cerritos reg park

Default 0-4 at cerritos reg park

ok im 0 for 4 at cerritos reg park. any tips for cats there i used fresh shrimp and fresh mackeral today for about 2 hrs and not even a bite. thanks

because there no fish left i was at the kid derby on saturday people were taking 20 , 30 fish and they were adult .

I agree with u man there's no fish left. I was ther Sat. Night with my brother n we only landed 3 but safely released them. But we did see like 5 or 6 familys taking at least 40 to 50+ fish. Sad to see they take it as a food source n not a sport. My bro was so pissed off he wanted to call DFG. But that's for sure no fish left....

Quote Originally Posted by pho boy View Post
    because there no fish left i was at the kid derby on saturday people were taking 20 , 30 fish and they were adult .
    That happens every year partner. It's always a shame to see. Just becuase you have a kid with you doesn't mean you can do all the fishing, don't know how that isn't inforced more.

Back on topic, just keep at it mrbiggdr. Try soaking the shrimp in an attractant over night. Maybe also give the Marshmellow and meal worm combo a try. Just keep switchin until you find something that works. A lot of people swear by chicken livers to. Also give a lighter line a shot, the cats in there don't get all that big so you don't have to worry to much about getting broken off. Good luck!
    Last edited by Zach1093; 06-07-2010 at 10:04 PM.

i just came back from cerritos. caught 3 1 lb cats on hotdogs.

wear were u fishing i was there till 6 at the piont on the east side of the big lake.

Maybe try some hogwild? I have to say, that stuff seems to work better than most baits ive used.

what rigging did you use? C-rig? High/low?

give it time bro, the cats are eating all the left over shi7 from the derby to eat...go at night and use mackrel with the weight on the bottm and bait about 16 away ...kinda like a dropshot with a bigger weight...

Was there tonight, lots of bites. One spit hook all on the Mac. I recommend the "channel" area between trout lagoon and the middle deep water. Get the right size hook, 6 or larger.