Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Carp at apollo park- but have no idea what to use

Default Carp at apollo park- but have no idea what to use

Saw some big carp at Apollo park in lancaster, but have no idea on what kind of set up or bait to use on them. would appreciate any help you guys can give?? are they good eating??

Sweet corn worked for me..even caught some under the bridge..I never eaten any but I know people who have..

MM

They key for these guys is light line. They are very hook and line shy. I wouldn't use anything heavier than 4, and if you're gonna use 6, I'd go with fluoro.

Use a small mosquito hook and thread kernels of corn on the hook and make sure the entire hook is covered. I wouldn't use any weight, and if you must, use the smallest split shot possible.
    You can use little squares of tortilla (corn, not flour) threaded on the hook as well. Masa is also a good bet, and you can even google some recipes for homemade baits.

You can also google some recipes for carp, which many from the other side of the pond, are very fond of.

Don't leave your rod unattended and make sure you have your drag set. Good luck!

awesome thanks for the help guys... we are going to give it a shot this weekend. wish us luck.