Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jacuzzi Fishin' 6/6/2010

Default Jacuzzi Fishin' 6/6/2010

Jacuzzi Fishin’ At Lake Mission Viejo 6/6/2010:

Don't let the subject title throw you off. We didn't get any jacuzzi babes but I'll assure you many were on the lake using kayaks. When they lift their arms to paddle, the weight on their chests moving up and down was awesome/priceless!!

We started fishing after 11:00am as we decided to go fishing on a nice day. First off, I’ll say that bass followed us to the dam on #1 speed while I dragged a plastic worm for bass. Yes! This lake is a mile long and 2 big bass followed us along side the boat ¾ of a mile all the way to the dam! I’ve never ever seen this type of bass behavior anywhere! When we got to East Beach, 2 more bass followed along side the boat.

The plan was to bass fish but my neighbor isn’t much of a bass fisherman so I knew he would rather want to go for trout. I left the trout gear at home as I’m over it now but brought a pole/reel with 4lb line. Not only does he rather trout fish but he doesn’t listen worth of ****. He was trolling a spinnerbait to try and catch a bass! Did it work? No it didn’t! He kept catching the grass. I’d like to see him on a tuna trip as the deckhands will surely get utterly aggravated with him. He is ignorant as ******* hell! He wouldn’t go backwards in the boat to slow down our speed. We needed a slightly slower speed to keep the baits bouncing off of the grass. In the lake rental boats going in reverse is by far the best way to catch bass here.

We get to the dam and he wants to drift. I say ok and watch this!! I’m gonna get a fish on my first cast! Before I make a cast we have 6 big bass under our boat. On my first cast with a 4 inch dark purple plastic with a Gomakatsu 2/0 off set shank hook, I land a small bass. I keep the bass away from the bigger ones as I film the bass under our boat. The sad thing is the small 10” bass didn’t make it. When I put the camera down and let go of the small bass, it was immediately inhaled and gone in one bite by the big bass underneath our boat. I’m like that son of a ***** of bass! I then catch a bluegill on a nightcrawler piece and the bass were chasing it up to the boat. They didn’t get it tho.

My neighbor tried a small trout plug but the bass just looked at it. I wanted to get more videos of these bass in action but my neighbor moved the boat at full speed to start another drift and we lost the bass. We didn’t drift tho and we didn’t go back to the area the bass were in. We anchored at the aeration units.

I’m like you wanna trout fish huh? I told him the trout are sitting in the aeration unit currents. He says their are no fish in the currents! Here let me show you how it’s done *****! I borrow a #8 Owner mosquito hook, tie it 4lb line, crimp on a Water Gremlin pss-4 split shot to the line with a 3ft leader, and use a Berkley Gulp chartreuse salmon egg as bait. I get bit in less than 3 minutes and we have our first trout on the boat.

Put it this way! I kicked his *** on the trout but we had fun tho. Don’t me wrong! He is a cool neighbor but has difficulty taking suggestions and fishing tips. We would toss our baits into the current and let if drift on the bottom til it stopped. I was tossing into the jacuzzi currents while letting a lot of line out. Once I thought it touched bottom I jigged the bait back to the boat with great success. The trout preferred the bait moving around the current. The current was strong too! No bass were around us but a boat with 3 guys on it down current from us (50 yards away) had a trout taken away from a huge bass. That is nothing new these days! The last trout stocking at LMV was 3/10/2010 and they are still biting.

The weather was hot today! But the aeration unit pumping water sure looked nice and cool! The trout were biting consistently in the current.

This bluegill lived another day. I gently tossed him out from the boat so the bass wouldn’t get em.

Some nature pics:

This herron was on higher ground looking for food. These herron swoop down and pick off trout cruising on the surface. I’ve seen them inaction but have yet to get in on video tho. That would be cool.

These are 2 proud parents. Look out below for your babies! Some huge bass are in the water!

I want this house as to relax outside on the lake on a nice day like today.

As you can see there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.

Our catch of the hard fighting Nebraska trout

Saving the best part for last. Check out the size of these bass around our boat!!! Wow! Next time I’ll try and get more videos. This always happens when least expecting it.

that sure is a good looking lake, thanx for the report