Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piru 6-6 Heartache and a close DD LUNKER!

Default Piru 6-6 Heartache and a close DD LUNKER!

We got to the lake around 11 am... kinda late... It was so hot! Burned me right up. Broke my new rod on my first catch of the day. It crushed as i set the hook on this fish... I had to pull the line up with this fish up by hand.

Bloody thing broke into two. It was a great rod until this happened. I landed an 11 pounder with the rod last week with ease. A 2.81 pounder for some reason broke it. Ugh!
    We then continued poking around with crankbaits and drop shots. Lots of little fish. The shallows were so quiet. Like usual, if the usual places are not producing. There are always new territories to explore. A couple of fish came up to try and nab my fly lined tube. Both kinda got me by surprise. Unfortunately no hook ups. UGH! We continue to other places and BLAM! YuAyntRyt hooks up with a nibbler. I turned around to see this fish roll to its side on the surface and IT WAS HUGE! GOOD LORD! BIG ONE! Whoooohooo! This could be a DD!

It weighed 9lbs and 6 oz. ! Congrats to YuAyntRyt for catching the biggest fish of the day!
    We went on along the shores for more little players. They fight good! Good stuff! Here are the runner ups for the day...

Total fish count: 18
    Total casualties: 1

I'm bloody tired. Happy Fishing!
    BuzzBait

WHOA! that thing is a beast. those are some quality piru bass too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonez View Post
    WHOA! that thing is a beast. those are some quality piru bass too.
    Sure is a beast. Fought like a true beast. Jumped and spalshed and swam under the boat. That beast got the biggest bucket head i've seen. Caught on a tiny little 1/0 mosquito hook. I was surprised it didn't bend out the hook after all that swimmin' and divin'.

congrats on the great fishing and the toad bass, thanks for the report and great pics....keep it up you two!!!

i was there sunday almost got blown out of there and i was on shore!!! anyway talked a guy outta keepn a short he finnally threw it back was lookn for food gills or crappie only one threw him back cant clean just 1. anyway bout 2 get my bass stuff out wahat a great job u goys did you got piru down happy to see the water up

Congrats on another fine day for you two...
    You guys seem to know how to get the LMB at Piru
    Good job
    MB

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    congrats on the great fishing and the toad bass, thanks for the report and great pics....keep it up you two!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by keepemlo View Post
    i was there sunday almost got blown out of there and i was on shore!!! anyway talked a guy outta keepn a short he finnally threw it back was lookn for food gills or crappie only one threw him back cant clean just 1. anyway bout 2 get my bass stuff out wahat a great job u goys did you got piru down happy to see the water up
    It was definitely windy. It usually is windy in the afternoons. I hope the water level gets up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBASS MB View Post
    Congrats on another fine day for you two...
    You guys seem to know how to get the LMB at Piru
    Good job
    MB
    Thank You =)

Dam....you guys are slaying them !

: )

Your gonna give me largemouth feva' again...

Me thinks I'll have to target a few now : )

Mighty fine catches there....max slayage !

Broke the pole on the feel the steel hookset I see.....ahhhh aww no... LMAO not for the pole, but I just get a clear visual of the hook drivin hookset to be followed by the "Snap"..and the fish still on....sweet....sorry I'm not laughing at the pole breaking, that sucks, it's just that I've been there and it takes me right back to that day !

That just tells me your setting the hook hard enough.....

I approve : ) ashamed about the pole but that always makes for a great story...especially when you land the fish (woo-hoo !)

Keep on those suckas' by the time you are all done all those feesh will know your name..

That feesh is a TOAD !.....very nice : )

Congrats on a job well done !
    Gary
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 06-08-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Congrat's on the toad. That's a real toad out of Piru.

Sorry to hear about the broken pole.

Default Hey i caught that bass last week

Hey buzzbait....i had caught that same fish last monday....hahhahha.....same weight too...Just goes to show you that if you take care of your fish....and practice catch n release someone else can have a chance to get her....I was a little worried about her because of the big sore on her gill...Thats awesome she is still out there swimming around n eating....Good Job....I am curious to see how far she traveled from where i released her....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	148.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	23180  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast