Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake San Antonio Encore with T.O. Quick Report - Sunday 6/6/10

Default Lake San Antonio Encore with T.O. Quick Report - Sunday 6/6/10

Bob has been up at Lake San Antonio for guide trips just about every single day this week. We decided to fish it one last time today before our busy work schedule next week and I’ll be heading for the Team 57 High Sierras event at Parcher’s the following week.

The bite has slowed down somewhat and we wanted to spend a relaxing day scoping out some new areas on the lake for future trips.

Fished from 6:00am until around 2:00pm and headed home. Metered a lot of bait balls with fish all over it but the Stripers weren’t very active today. Maybe because of the spike in water temp…? Hit 79 degrees today. Saw a few sporadic boils and even though the fishing was far from spectacular, we did manage to nail two beautiful DD Linesides for our efforts.

I’m really looking forward to fishing this lake again… especially when the boil starts.

Thanks again Bob, for the invitation, it was fun trying some new things today and running some really off the wall stuff. It would have been hilarious if we would have caught a Striper on that “Special” rig that you were running today. LOL At least my new swim bait pattern got a fish!
    Get a hold of TroutOnly and book your Summer trips now, the fishing can only get better!

Here are some pics… enjoy.

Take it easy everybody and remember that every day above ground is a good day.

Arthur (Wingnut)

“The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching…”

Bonus pics

A Doe and three little Bambies. I also saw my first Bald Eagle today... very cool!

490 miles round trip.

The "One and Only" TroutOnly.

Parting shot.
    Phuong (Blackwater), I had my Superman combo all ready to go today. You’re lucky that there were no significant boils out there. Just a matter of time buddy, you’re going down… again!

Great trip as usual!

Good going out there!! Man them San Antonio Stripers got some fight to them thats for sure!!!

Nice stripes!!

Nice fatty strips.. I was there on Friday and Saturday and got the skunked. Next time I definately need to hire T/O to show me how to catch them stripers.

WTG up there AGAIN!!!

That point in pic # 3 paid off for me and my team the day before,,,,,,I remember that spot well,LOL.

Going to have to start calling you and bob the DYNAMIC DUO!!!

LOVE that S,O shirt pic,,,NICEEEEEE

TRAIL BLAZER

Dang....you two did it again....congrats Arther & Bob the striper slayers.....those linesides look a lot bigger...very nice indeed.

Arther.,.,.i didnt get any fishing updates.,.,.must have been out of service huh...lol

The quantity isn't great, but the quality is superb. Those are some thick looking stripers. Nice job once again Bob and Arthur. One of these days i can make my way up that way to fish.

the drive up hurts but the drive back after a day on the boat... ouch! nice fish :)

Dang Arthur, all these TO striper trips that end in slayage make me want to book my own sometime soon. I'll talk to dad and maybe get us on one of these once Castaic or Pyramie heats up. Congrats to both of you on an epic day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast