Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slim Pickins San Antonio Saurday PB's All Around!!!

Default Slim Pickins San Antonio Saurday PB's All Around!!!

After all the reports I had the itch to get up there!!!

My misssion: Get my first DD....

Took my friend Jimmy and my boy Jaycob to get on some monster striper and boy did we!

On the water by 5:45 and ready to get our slay on....

About 20 min into it ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz man the rod was smacked hard... Jays up first so hand the rod off to him and he could barlely hold onto it.... I stop the boat and start coachin him and tell Jimmy to reel up the other rod... As he starts reeling he gets SLAMMED hard..... Oh yeah Double hookups!!!!

As Jay's fightin his fish, it comes to the suface and he's got 3 on!!!! Oh daymn!!! Fish are fightin and 2 get farmed.... Meanwhile Jimmy had 2 on and looses one of them... I net Jimmy's fish but the damn jig gets stuck in the net just as I see Jay's fish surface and its a MONSTER.... Had to lip it to get it abord... Jimmy's fish weighed in at 7lb while Jay's was 11lb 14oz..... Oh yeah DD on board!!!

Wow what a rush but we lost 3 jigs so had a take a quick break to regroud but not before long we were back on the hunt....only prolem was it was slllllooooooow pickins.... The water temp was 74 and the sun came up and things were heatin up quick.. I had to be close to 100 degrees out today!!!

After a call with Bob it seemed like not 5 min later and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, my turn!!!! I bring in my PB striper at 7lb 14oz... Not my frist DD as I was after but my PB and A great fight!!!!

After what seemed like forever we were checking out the scenery and all of a sudden the rod get SLAMMED again and I mean SLAMMED!!!! Jay's up Again and after a good battle he brings about a nice 8lber....One again he had 3 on but 2 got off....This was my fault though as my knots slipped.....

So we troll on and on and on for no more fish...Plans were to get off the water by 3:00 but we werent ready to give up so we kept battling on.....No dice....Off the water by 5:30 and ready for the looooooong drive home...Had to get a bigger cooler for this trip so here's the OG cooler shot...

Well what can I say? Slow pickins but we had a great time out there...It was a scorcher though and little wind to help out. All 4 fish caught were the biggest so far on my boat. PB's all around!!! San Antonio is a great lake to fish as there is little to no fishing pressure and hardly any lake lice at all....I will be back net Sat for some revenge!!!!

Parting shot....Got my butt kicked by my Boy.... He got his first DD before his old man!!!! I couldn't have it any other way though.......

Special thanks to Bob and Bob I got 3 words for you... KILL KILL KILL!!!!

See ya on the water!!!

Nice looking stipers you guys have there

well done :)

GREAT JOB fellow STRIPER JUNKIES!!!!!!!
    NICEEE

TRAIL BLAZER

WTF does this lake have in it, fish growth hormone

congrats on the S.A striper slay and congrats all around for the pb stripers...great report,great pics, thanks for sharing.

Way to go on those SA stripers !

Congrats to all for PB's and maybe someday T/O will help me get one too :)). I think everyone that Bob has put on those biggies owes him a bunch. Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a new boat?
    Swanee

Excellent job Joseph... congrats on all the PB's.
    The Stripers at that lake are something else!

great job joseph, pb's on youre first trip to a brand new lake,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

Joseph,

quality fish you have there. Looks like some real pigs !

Capt'n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast