Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup 2010 Thread

GO USA!!!!! Its gonna be hard for usa to get the win against ghana with the whole country backing them. Lets do this USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    GO USA!!!!! Its gonna be hard for usa to get the win against ghana with the whole country backing them. Lets do this USA
    It's a different from when the NYY's won a world event ?

Shoot! I just saw this thread and I wish I would of jumped on here earlier. First of all, Congrats to "El Tri Color" aka Mexico for making it to the next round yesterday. As for the U.S, those guys played with heart today, they didn't give up and it payed off. That's a team that wants to keep a promise... for those who remember back when we hosted the World Cup 1994, the US said that they would win a World Cup by 2010. It's 2010! And there's no better time then now, the next U.S. match is against Ghana. If the U.S. keeps playing the way they're playing I see them in the Semifinal and maybe even the Final, for sure the Quarterfinals. Mexico's group is a little more difficult. Mexico's next match is against Argentina. All Mexico has to do is make sure they put Chicharito Hernandez in early in the game. They've been waiting too long to put him in. They have to stay confident and just play like their life depended on it.(Like back in the Aztec times... Yes, that's where FUTBOL was invented, not England, sorry Sue. HA!)

As for the Vuvuzelas or like you guys call it "that buzzing noise", that's a tradition! Mexico has had those for decades. It's new for all the new people trying to watch this World Cup. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome more people want to watch it but come on, it's not that annoying. Why are all these people jumping on the Vuvuzelas Hating Bandwagon? I personally think those plastic tubes they give out at basketball games are WAY more annoying. It doesn't mean I don't watch it or whine about it. That's what gets people pumped up! I have my Vuvuzela at every Mexico and U.S.A game along with my matraka and my Vuvuzela app. hahaha! What? I love this game!

MEXICO! U.S.A.! MEXICO! U.S.A.! MEXICO! U.S.A.!

What a great week for football! I was so pleased last Thursday to see Mexico beating the cheese eating surrender monkeys, and then finding out they were eliminated!

This mornings games were great - watched them before we left Bishop, and I couldn't believe it when USA got that goal in the 91st minute!
    We play Germany on Sunday, which means we'll get knocked out - we always do against the krauts!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chilax View Post
    Shoot! I just saw this thread and I wish I would of jumped on here earlier. First of all, Congrats to "El Tri Color" aka Mexico for making it to the next round yesterday. As for the U.S, those guys played with heart today, they didn't give up and it payed off. That's a team that wants to keep a promise... for those who remember back when we hosted the World Cup 1994, the US said that they would win a World Cup by 2010. It's 2010! And there's no better time then now, the next U.S. match is against Ghana. If the U.S. keeps playing the way they're playing I see them in the Semifinal and maybe even the Final, for sure the Quarterfinals. Mexico's group is a little more difficult. Mexico's next match is against Argentina. All Mexico has to do is make sure they put Chicharito Hernandez in early in the game. They've been waiting too long to put him in. They have to stay confident and just play like their life depended on it.(Like back in the Aztec times... Yes, that's where FUTBOL was invented, not England, sorry Sue. HA!)

As for the Vuvuzelas or like you guys call it "that buzzing noise", that's a tradition! Mexico has had those for decades. It's new for all the new people trying to watch this World Cup. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome more people want to watch it but come on, it's not that annoying. Why are all these people jumping on the Vuvuzelas Hating Bandwagon? I personally think those plastic tubes they give out at basketball games are WAY more annoying. It doesn't mean I don't watch it or whine about it. That's what gets people pumped up! I have my Vuvuzela at every Mexico and U.S.A game along with my matraka and my Vuvuzela app. hahaha! What? I love this game!

Ditto that on the vuvuzelas. Those plastic horns have been around for decades and is a mainstay in Mexican soccer, just as yelling "Puuuuuuuuuuuutttttoooooooooo" when the opposing team's goalkeeper kicks off, and throwing urine bombs at opponents at the Azteca. Apparently you change the name, and it becomes a "world wide" phenomenon.

Mexico will bow out on Sunday. Argentina is too much of a force for the Tri to be able to handle them. 2 - 1, Argentina.

I don't know what Aguirre's obsession is with starting the decrepit Cuahtemoc Blanco in every game. While he has been an important part of the national team's past, his moment in the sun ended a long time ago, and I was surprised to even see him on the final roster. I think he brought his live in nurse with him.

And if El Vasco decides to start Franco, there will be 12 Argentinans on the pitch against 10 Mexicans.

I have no clue why they don't start Hernandez and Barrera, especially against the faster lineup Argentina brings. With Vela out injured, you're gonna need a fast line in order to penetrate the Argentina defense.

But don't worry, we'll see the no-neck having, pudgy "Cuah" running around aimlessly on Sunday, while Franco does absolutely nothing on the pitch.

Thinks look better for the US against Ghana. They need to capitalize on the missed opportunities and start putting the ball in the net. Hopefully the refs won't be looking to screw them over again, but we all know its wishful thinking.

U.S. 2 - Ghana 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    We play Germany on Sunday, which means we'll get knocked out - we always do against the krauts!
    NO Sue! You can't think like that! This is a special World Cup. Anything can happen. Spain was favored to take it all and what happens? They lose the first game. Statistics show that no team has lost their first game and won the World Cup. What happened to South Africa? Never has a hosting team not made it to the next round. France? A team that has been on top many times was eliminated just after 3 games. Forget statistics, forget the favored, this is futbol, anything can happen. Starting Saturday, it's all about eliminations. It all comes down to that 1 goal. This World Cup is just getting started.

NO Sue! You can't think like that! This is a special World Cup. Anything can happen. Spain was favored to take it all and what happens? They lose the first game. Statistics show that no team has lost their first game and won the World Cup. What happened to South Africa? Never has a hosting team not made it to the next round. France? A team that has been on top many times was eliminated just after 3 games. Forget statistics, forget the favored, this is futbol, anything can happen. Starting Saturday, it's all about eliminations. It all comes down to that 1 goal. This World Cup is just getting started.
    I kind of agree, but this is the England team I'm talking about ;)

It's my birthday Saturday, so I'll be watching the USA game, then doing a birthday dinner (lasagne) then I have to get up at stupid o'clock to watch England play Sunday!

im not trying to jump on the bandwagon hating the buzzing noise. i watched a great deal of the last world cup and i know yelling and chanting and noise is part of any sport and i also hate those things they have at basket ball games but the diff is the buzzing dose not stop at all ever and it drives me crrrrrrraaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. i mean its cool that its tradition. all im saying is its not for me and it makes it hard for me to watch any of the games for more then a few minutes at a time.

i could handle the bad reffing i could handle the flopping but when you add the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    well you get the idea i just cant do it it distracts me to much.

but any way best of luck to USA MEXICO and the brits. if some how they could be a tie and we all win that would be great. and with all the goals the reffs are not allowing it looks like that could happen lol j/k

Those disallowed goals were bad calls. The refs definitely seem to be anti-USA.......

As for the vuvuzelas....I'm fairly ambivalent about it. It is annoying, but at the same time during todays game I was able to hear the England fans singing our national anthem and some of the most popular songs (see my link on the first page for the most popular one - it's awesome!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    What a great week for football!
    WTH...I thought this was a "futbol" thread Sue?

Admittedly I'm not the biggest soccer fan (with the exception of cheering on my daughter when she plays the game), but once every four years I can get into it when supreme bragging rights are on the line and root for team USA in hopes they can win a world cup in my lifetime.(well I can dream) I was sitting at a red light in my car listening to the game when the US scored in the 91st minute, people were honking and fist were pumping all at once...it was a pretty neat moment actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xx55h9N-s
    LONG LIVE THE Vuvuzelas!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 06-24-2010 at 01:43 AM.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast