Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    That's the point....it's a World Cup, now a world series.
    There's actually 32 international teams www.worldcup.com
    There is only ONE World Series Sue and its the one that the Dodgers haven't fricken won since 1988!

GO USA!!!!

TD

I got to say, with all due respect... I dont like soccer but my co-worker does and CALLED IN SICK, bastard!! LOL
    I should lie and say i like soccer so i can go home. =}

I'll tune in to the World Cup in a couple months.

Maybe by then...somebody will have scored.

Mexico robbed of a goal in a phantom off sides call.

Ridiculous.

I know SA is hosting, but c'mon. As the previous poster mentioned, goals don't come easy. How about actually counting the ones that do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The Eastern European powerhouse Turkmenistan against the African nation of Djibouti

There you go again ignoring the fine squads fielded by Lichtenstein and Bhutan!!!

I know what you mean, Troutman.

There's no way my attention span can last 45 minutes without any stoppage. And twice!

Where else can I stretch four 15 minute quarters into a 4 hour day spent on the couch? If I can't watch 19 hackneyed commercials for miscellaneous booze, 12 commercials for amazing NBC sitcoms, 5 fantastic previews for titilating movies, and have 90% of actual airtime not be actual live play per quarter, the sport isn't for me.

Well, unless I take my Ritalin.

I know what you mean, Troutman.

There's no way my attention span can last 45 minutes without any stoppage. And twice!

Where else can I stretch four 15 minute quarters into a 4 hour day spent on the couch? If I can't watch 19 hackneyed commercials for miscellaneous booze, 12 commercials for amazing NBC sitcoms, 5 fantastic previews for titilating movies, and have 90% of actual airtime not be actual live play per quarter, the sport isn't for me.

Well, unless I take my Ritalin.

I'm sure you'll be jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else if USA have success

Go ENGLAND !

Three lions on my chest

In no particular order of preference, I would like to see one of the former places I once called home succeed:

1. France
    2. ROK
    3. Algeria

Mexico robbed of a goal in a phantom off sides call.

Ridiculous.

I know SA is hosting, but c'mon. As the previous poster mentioned, goals don't come easy. How about actually counting the ones that do happen.
    A Mexican perceived to be on the wrong side of an imaginary line? Imagine that.

Of course, I love the World Cup - it allows me to hate on Mexico without feeling like I've joined the Tea Party.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast