Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    I don't even know how Spain managed to get this far. They They have been ho hum at best but managed to get it done I guess. Germany vs Netherlands would be a much better game to watch. If Spain beats Germany, I will be very, very, very shocked. Uruguay will beat Spain for third place, imo.
    I absolutely agree with you. This is the 3rd time Netherlands have made it to the finals, and they've not yet won so I'll be rooting for them on Sunday

lets go HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    David Villa is good, but he'll be eaten up by the youngsters of Germany today. hup hup

I'm with you Yolo. Spain goes down today, Uruguay beats them on Saturday. Holland beats Germany on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    I don't even know how Spain managed to get this far. They They have been ho hum at best but managed to get it done I guess.
    Spain's approach on the pitch is one of possession based soccer, which requires them to be extremely patient. They've struck when needed, and although most prefer a counter attack type mentality that Germany posseses, Spain's philosophy looks 'ho hum,' but when all is said and done, they are one match from playing for the coveted cup. Plus, their defense has been marvelous. 2 goals conceded in the entire cup? Another reason they are in their spot today.

Have they shown that they deserved to be the Eurocup champions of 2008? We shall wait and see.

If Spain's midfielders prevent the forward attacking German counter attack, it may be a good match. Spain needs to mix up their entries and use their flanks to spread the field. If they try to go through the middle, they will be met by a tough German defense. By using the flanks, they'll force the Germans to defend laterally and hopefully they can find the net.

My prediction? 2-1 Germany. The momentum that keeps building as the cup moves forward is impressive. Although Spain is a talented team, and beat out the Germans to win the Eurocup 2 years ago, Germany will exact revenge and will have a date with The Netherlands on Sunday.

The Octopus predicts Spain over Germany

As he's one for one so far ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10521867.stm

Apparently defense wins you matches. Who knew Germany's EIGHT goals in the previous 2 matches would mean diddly squat.

I haven't seen defensive domination of Germany like this since Stalingrad. If you ever wanted to see what happens when a Volkswagon Beetle runs into a brick wall doing 100 miles an hour, you should have been watching this match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    The Octopus predicts Spain over Germany

As he's one for one so far ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10521867.stm

The Octopus puts Darkshadow to shame ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    The Octopus puts Darkshadow to shame ...
    I know! I got caught up in the "Germany is God" mentality after their last 2 matches, and I saw no way that Spain could be them, especially after their "ho hum" performances.

As my 2 paragraphs of analysis above stated, I should have stuck to my guns and went with the better team, rather than the hype.

Now if only that octopus could predict this Saturday's lottery numbers...

Quick, it's not too late to edit Herr Darkshadau!!

Viva Espana!!

Never saw that coming. Seeing how Spain has been playing and the way Germany's been scoring goals left and right. Very good game, from the beginning Spain was on fire. Germany started to pick up towards the end of the first half. Spain played their butts off and it paid off. Lets go Holland! Lets go Uruguay!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast