Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Default Official World Cup 2010 Thread

So, the World Cup starts next Friday. I intend to see as many games as possible, but obviously I'm rooting for England.

Our first game against the USA on Saturday the 12th is gonna be a good one! It starts at 12pm so that's a reasonable hour!
    In addition, if anyone wants to meet up to watch the game, there's a bunch of us going to Durty Nelly's in Costa Mesa....it'll mainly be an England crowd with a sprinkling of USA supporters.

So, realistically, I don't think England can win it. This year I predict either France, Holland or Argentina. Who do you think will win?

Well Brazil Is favored to win it all AGAIN!!!

Ill be backing both USA and Mexico this year. I belive USA is ranked 15 and Mexico is ranked 17.

Those limey American wanksters can't find 5 people to play defense, so we'll be down 1-0 by the 25th minute and Rooney & Co will be eating fish and chips after winning 2-1.

My predictions, starting with the quarterfinals:

Netherlands vs Brazil
    France vs England
    Argentina vs Germany
    Italy vs Spain

Semi-finals:

Brazil vs England
    Argentina vs Spain

Final:

Brazil vs Spain

Winner?

Spain, in PKs.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 06-09-2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Nostradamus had a slip up

Actually, we'll more than likely get knocked out in the quarter finals which is pretty much our state of play. I'm betting on Spain to win, but watch out for the Netherlands, they've got a pretty strong team.

I'm just hoping to see competent, well-executed rioting and some moderately creative vandalism. If there were a few over-turned tourists buses, that would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I'm just hoping to see competent, well-executed rioting and some moderately creative vandalism. If there were a few over-turned tourists buses, that would be a bonus.
    lol yes im with you on this omg lol if you want to see a good movie about mindless soccer fueled fighting check out this movie called "Green street Hooligans" I guarantee you after watching this movie will want to go outside and pick a fight with anyone who walks by its a movie about soccer gangs but there is 10min of soccer in the entire move.

if they would get rid of the stupid off sides rule so i might have a chance of seeing more then one goal scored after watching for 2 days i might watch the world cup more closely but with that said GO USA

who is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    who is in it.
    The Eastern European powerhouse Turkmenistan against the African nation of Djibouti

i i thought every one gets to play in the world cup thats why they call it the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    i i thought every one gets to play in the world cup thats why they call it the world cup.
    That's the point....it's a World Cup, now a world series.
    There's actually 32 international teams www.worldcup.com

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast