Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: snakehead vs bass

billy bass is correct they can not "Walk" but they can wiggle around for awhile but supposedly they tire out FAST, i watched the 1 hour special on them on NGHD just a week ago and the Florida fish and game dude as well as alot of others on that show that said they was good tasting i have no personal experience just going by what NGHD had on 1 week ago. however they did show them "walking" and at best they just lay there and flap around for a good minute moving maybe 2-5 feet...

2. Default

I want to add that to my species list hehehe

they should have a rematch: Snakehead vs Peacock bass... at least the peacock bass has a lil better chance of lasting more than a minute..lol

a evenly weighted match between a peacock and a giant snakehead like the species in the vid would still most likely be snakehead victory they have some chompers, i seen that hour special as well, to even it up even more it would have to be either a large tank with a divider or both fish added at same time to a tank neither of them have been in, ive had manguense that where 3 inches kill 7-8 inch oscars before i could get to either of them with a net, new fish is gonna be stressed and not be as alert and protective as a fish thats established in the system, id rather just have each specimen big and healthy in their own place out there, well i wont lie if i have room for a 20x15x10ft tank id so have at least one bigggg peacock

Quote Originally Posted by madwire3 View Post
    , ive had manguense that where 3 inches kill 7-8 inch oscars before i could get to either of them with a net,
    I had a 7-8" manguense that was awesome also, called him magnum.

one of my favorites, for a while there i had two breeding pair, til the younger pair apparently decided to not be a pair while i was at work and the male killed the female who was twice his size, love jags and it was rough having to feed to many of them off to other fish, was either keep em seperated or let them be a pair and feed their babies off.. :/

Unfortunately, the possibility of the snakehead getting into lakes all across the United States is very real. There are too many so-called fishermen who would like to be able to catch one in their local lake. Thus, idiots introduce them into bodies of water that were previously uninfested.

Quote Originally Posted by madwire3 View Post
    one of my favorites, for a while there i had two breeding pair, til the younger pair apparently decided to not be a pair while i was at work and the male killed the female who was twice his size, love jags and it was rough having to feed to many of them off to other fish, was either keep em seperated or let them be a pair and feed their babies off.. :/
    maybe trade the little ones to the local petshop for other neat carnivores

thats jacked up haha! poor bass.

i was watching river monsters when they were hunting the snake head and they were saying that a lot of the Departments of Fish and Game around the United States are worried that the snake head will threaten the fish in a lot of lakes. especially in florida. it said that many asians imported them hear some how and they got into the lakes that way. i guess they are an expensive fish and sell for a good chunk of money. some guy who was interviewed believes they were purposely put into US lakes to breed and act as a source of business...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper76 View Post
    maybe trade the little ones to the local petshop for other neat carnivores
    yeah i tried to trade for credit, tried to give them for free but even after culling the hatch even down to 2% id still have a hundred or so, wasnt cost efficient to raise all those guys to give away, i would have but im not made of money so wasnt an option, so fed them off to my african cichlids and a lot to my bichirs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast