Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Crankbait bite at vail lake

Default Crankbait bite at vail lake

Fished a guide trip today with 2 gentleman from Upland, which is near Ontario. Both were really nice guys, and good sticks. They had heard about Vail, and did not know the lake was available to fish until they saw my website.

I had received some good information from a friend that the crankbait bite broke W.F.O. over the last couple of days, and the info did not disappoint. When we arrived at the the first spot, I found my friend hooked up on a good one, and he had 3 more on 3 cast while my clients were watching him.

I already had my guys set up with the Ima Shaker, and Ima Rock -N- Vibe crankbaits, and in no time they were both into good fish. Between my boat, and my friends boat, it was non stop action for 2 solid hours. My buddy nailed a nice fish of almost 7 pounds. Most of our fish were averaging close to 3 pounds, which is very good, as no dink's were present.

Today was a strange day, in that the fish were not really eating the worms or blades today. We got a couple of worm fish, but the bass really wanted the crankbaits. I am not complaining, as this is a lot of fun. My clients had a blast catching them this way.

I do apologize, as I have no pictures from today. They had their camera, and I was to busy unhooking fish to take pictures. Just take my word that it was good out there.

Thanks,

Art
    www.vaillakeguideservice.com
    (951) 265-9551

thanks for the report Art and congrats on a great guide trip.