Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Cachuma 5/30/10

Default Cachuma 5/30/10

Hit Lake Cachuma over Memorial Day weekend for a day of bass fishing from shore. I'd never fished Cachuma before and was excited by how fishy the shore line appeared. Got my line wet in Drake Cove around 9:00 AM throwing a chatterbait, spinnerbait, lipless crank, texas rigged senko for zero. Kept working out of Drake cove East along the shore line casting senkos around submerged cover and finally got my first fish at around 1:45 PM about a pound and a half large mouth. Re-energized, I kept working up and down about 100 yards of shore line in cover until late afternoon with not even a bite. Many of my non-fishing friends think fishing is boring and that day I started to understand why they’d think that.
    Around 7:00 PM I made my way back into Drake Cove and as I ducked thru some branches I’m surprised by a nice King snake. This was the easiest catch of the day. The back of Drake Cove looks really fishy with some nice lay downs and stick ups and I and was compelled to throw my Zara Spook. First cast, blow up! Now I’m excited. Next cast nothing, third cast Hookup! Maybe a pound buck bass? I kept working the Spook along the shore line with a couple more boils and slaps until finally got a hit to stick, nice little smallie.

Hit up Westlake on Monday from 9 till Noon and boated 5 fish sight fishing beds fly lining a senko, with the biggest maybe 3 pounds. Still had the Spook tied on so I tossed that around some docks just to see what would happen but they weren’t interested. Looking for John Marino ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cachuma 053010.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	23083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	King 053010.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	23084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smallie 053010.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	23085  

sweet report, congrats on the 2water,1land exotic catch...thanks for sharing.

nice fish man and those king snakes are great lil creatures i had thee and all of them loved to be held there like little lap dogs but not gay lol