Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Lake

Default Perris Lake

SO me and my gf are plannin to take a drive out to perris this saturday to see what its all about and was wondering if anyone has fished there and possibly has any advice for fishin perris in particlar info on were to land some kitties and LMB. thanks in advance all

You should probably rent a boat and go around the north side of the island to the rocks sticking out of the water. Anchor fairly close to one and fish nightcrawlers for the cats (bass will take these too) and plastics for the bass. There are some big Redear Sunfish and Bluegill also in this area.

I am new to fishing and is taking a trip to Lake Perris in 2 weeks. Just curious, what size hooks, weights and setup do you use? I want to try and catch a bass.

Going tomorrow, any other tips ?

i havent fished perris but go to a bait store and ask them they will set u up, rubber worms, if u dont know how to fish them dont be afraid to ask them, i generally work as small of hooks that i can get away with, i dont fallow the size number i just look at how big or small they are, cats i go with smaller maybe size 4 circle hooks , generally does the trick but a lil larger may be more ideal if ur gonna use cut bait or liver, if i was you id just grab some crawlers and redworms, that way you are more likely to catch something "anything" fish love worms