Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/3/10--They day I broke the 10 year bass slump at El Dorado. Praise God!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Arrived at the lake today as soon as it opened. We first fished the main lake with negative results so we tried the second lake across the bridge. We saw bass cruising near the shallows but we just kept getting snagged. Se we went back to the main lake where we also saw some big bass cruising the shallows. The final tally: My friend ended up catching a dink bass on a nightcrawler on a bobber while trying for bluegill and I got the skunk. There is definitely a $hitload of bass at ELDo. The trick is getting them to bite. I'm starting to love this lake and am thinking of getting an annual parking pass. Alondra and its poachers ain't got nothing on ELDo.
    No worries Surfer. You'll get your share of skunks for sure.
    I went to Alondra this morning with some lighter tackle and got skunked and broke off. I was finally able to get out into some deep weeds this morning and got hit good, but I couldn't get that guy out of the weeds and lost him. An older guy not too far from me was able to get a bass in from the weeds...I should have taken a pic...That bass was covered with so many weeds you couldn't even see the bass. lol

I'll have to hit up El Dorado with you soon.

brian

For sure bro. The bass are cruising everywhere in the main and back lakes and even in that little area in between underneath the bridge. They are good sized too. It's just a matter of getting them to bite.

congrats nice catch. I use to fish El Dorado as a kid years ago nice to see that there are still some nice bass in the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Arrived at the lake today as soon as it opened. We first fished the main lake with negative results so we tried the second lake across the bridge. We saw bass cruising near the shallows but we just kept getting snagged. Se we went back to the main lake where we also saw some big bass cruising the shallows. The final tally: My friend ended up catching a dink bass on a nightcrawler on a bobber while trying for bluegill and I got the skunk. There is definitely a $hitload of bass at ELDo. The trick is getting them to bite. I'm starting to love this lake and am thinking of getting an annual parking pass. Alondra and its poachers ain't got nothing on ELDo.
    Wait for a warmer day. On really hot days, they seem to chase lures more readily. I'm not sure how much it matters, but my bro was using a super small suspending lure and the bass just kept chasing it. He landed a monster. We didn't have a scale, but it felt like a good 7 lbs +. This was in the second lake at El Dorado.

When you say second lake, you mean the back lake that is connected to the main lake right?
    Last edited by Surfer; 06-08-2010 at 12:46 AM.

wowsers bro, shake that skunk and welcome to the long beach bass society of el dorado...

Drove down to ElDo with this morning to do a little bass fishing only to find out that the main lakes were closed. Boy was I ever bummed. So I didn't even bother with the little lake. Instead my buddy and I drove to Bass Pro Shops over in Rancho Cucamonga. That made me feel a little better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12