Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/3/10--They day I broke the 10 year bass slump at El Dorado. Praise God!!!

Default 6/3/10--They day I broke the 10 year bass slump at El Dorado. Praise God!!!

Granted I wasn't trying to catch bass everyday, but the last time I caught a freshwater bass was at the age of 19 at Lake Machado over at Harbor Park. Lots of things happened since then: I've gotten married, finished school, had kids, etc.. I'm 29 years old now, and today I caught a largemouth bass at El Dorado lake in Long Beach.

When I arrived I noticed there were a few people fishing. They seemed to be trying for catfish. The first location me and my buddy tried was near the boat docks. We didn't get anything. We walked more and checked the next clearing in the tules and this is where I got a strike on my Xrap Rapala Crankbait. It fought pretty hard but I was able to land it. I took a few pics before releasing the beautiful fish. We stayed another hour or so with negative results. It was getting super warm so we decided to call it a day and get lunch. I'll probably return tomorrow morning. What a great day!
    Last edited by Surfer; 10-25-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Dude, that's awesome You got that monkey off your back!!!! Nice fish too.

It looks like you were in the area I was mentioning in the PM?

brian

Great Job Bro

amen brother

nice, heading there saturday with some friends. Hopefully get atleast a nibble.

good job man. Jerkbaits are the key now in the big lake. The water is ultra clear and when you rip that jerkbait out of the grass line more likely than not a bass is gonna hit that sucker. Anyways congrats on the catch.

Haha, I know that feeling. But the longest that I 've gone without catching a bass is maybe 1 month in the dead of winter. Congrats on the nice fish.

Arrived at the lake today as soon as it opened. We first fished the main lake with negative results so we tried the second lake across the bridge. We saw bass cruising near the shallows but we just kept getting snagged. Se we went back to the main lake where we also saw some big bass cruising the shallows. The final tally: My friend ended up catching a dink bass on a nightcrawler on a bobber while trying for bluegill and I got the skunk. There is definitely a $hitload of bass at ELDo. The trick is getting them to bite. I'm starting to love this lake and am thinking of getting an annual parking pass. Alondra and its poachers ain't got nothing on ELDo.

congrats and welcome back to bass hood...

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    congrats and welcome back to bass hood...
    indeed welcome back. wtg on the nice bass bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast