Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: A tip for bait fisherman

Default A tip for bait fisherman

As I CPR everything except Alpers, I don't use bait much....I hate to kill and release. But if you are a bait fisherman, try the Aberdeen hooks. The have an extra long shank, and they're harder for the trout to swallow deep. I use the gold ones, as it seems to offer a little gold flash to your presentation (Sierra trout like the gold!)
    If you pinch the barbs, they're even safer for the fish. Give it a try...

BTW, I will use bait if nothing else is working...I'm no snob....I need that tug just like anyone else!

Nice tip Steve, gonna give those a try next time I venture up the 395!

Love the guys who won't use bait like they are above it all

TD

Thanks for the tip
    i third this "BTW, I will use bait if nothing else is working...I'm no snob....I need that tug just like anyone else!"

"Love the guys who won't use bait like they are above it all"

Good tip... We all need to get Yanked on even if it means baiting up from time to time...

I force my self to use lure but to beat skunk then I use bait and I just want to try circle hook for live bait, is anybody try it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by nelayan View Post
    I force my self to use lure but to beat skunk then I use bait and I just want to try circle hook for live bait, is anybody try it yet?
    I fished the circle hooks for tuna using live sardines a few times, main difference to me is on the hook set. Circle hooks you simply wind the line tight, while regular hooks you use the standard hook setting motion.

TD