Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To: Getting your Significant Other to "Fish with You"

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    the only bad thing about such a great day was getting your butt kicked by your girl fishing...lol

man i swear it happens to me everytime i take my girl fishing and im a good fisherman too....

it just seems that all my skillz disappear and magicaly are with her these trips...lol
    a alex its hard to fish when your baitin,casting,and puttin some in the cooler for tacos.but as long as she enjoyed herself thats all that matters.

Great thread!

For me its still tough to go fishing with my wife and 2 little ones because its a full time job just entertaining the 2 little ones. I think my wife would love going fishing with just me, but its always hard to leave the little ones behind. Hopefully as the kids get older it will be easier.

-brian

I got damn lucky. She doesn't care to fish but she loves to cook and eat em. Did I say she is Japanese......: ) She prefers saltwater over freshwater fish and get this, she tells me to go fishing. Can you say LUCKY DOG
    Last edited by Which Way Out; 06-06-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I got damn lucky. She doesn't care to fish but she loves to cook and eat em. Did I say she is Japanese......: ) She prefers saltwater over freshwater fish and get this, she tells me to go fishing. Can you say LUCKY DOG
    Thats awesome, You lucked out big time :P

My girl's getting pretty good, I just always 1) put her first and 2) get her on fish. Pretty simple.

2) get her on fish ... easy for you to say maybe

1. Don't stay out on the boat past 12:30
    2. Stop at Starbucks on the way to the marina ... if she can handle it. This was always a must at BBLake
    3. Take her to the Carson Peak Inn if you're anywhere near the June Loop. Last time at Bport, I made the commute just for her.
    4. You may need to put her worm on ... that's been the tradition since fishing on our honeymoon (1969)

Of course, express your appreciation with a favor or two ... and a word or two.

It's worked for 40+ years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12