Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Just Curious.......Castaic Lagoon Question

Default Just Curious.......Castaic Lagoon Question

I've fished Castaic upper many times and I've caught catfish and stripers there. I know there are no striper in the lagoon, but I've had conflicting reports from multiple people regarding catfish in the lower lake. Some say there are catfish in there, some say there are not. I called the marina and they said theres none but the castaic information page here says its open 24 hrs. (which I'm aware of) and that makes it a favorite for catfishermen at night. Can someone please clarify this for me? I want to take the kids out catfishing at night but I don't want to do so if there's no catfish in the lake. They are fascinated with catching a catfish. Thank you in advance for any assistance. I appreciate it.

Yes, there are catfish. Not sure how good the catfish fishing is though.

I've seen guys been catfishing at night , but did not see anyone cut any ...

I've been fishing the lagoon for more than 25 years... Without a doubt YES, there is catfish in the lagoon. Years ago we would fish them from the rocks - from the launch ramp to the spillway, using cut bait (mackeral or anchovies). Good Luck, and post a pic of the cats you catch.

Yes, there are catfish in the lagoon but they are not stocked so the quantity is pretty thin. Your best chance to get into some is in the upper lake, just head up the road to the main lake and try one of the coves in the NE corner. On a good night you can see some lantern lights on the banks. That will give you a clue.
    Hope this helps
    LW.