Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anchor Help, which kind?

MM, I'm pretty sure 1/4" chain is the smallest standard size recommended. I just picked up a 4' 1/4" galvanized chain today from BPS.

If the rule of thumb is length of boat for chain..I have a 17footer..1/4inch galvanized was 2.49 a foot at Home Depot = 50 dollars for chain.. I just want to save some money

MM

Personally I would go with Stainless Steel over galvanized if you are going to use chain. McMaster Carr has it. Also be sure to use a clevis or you might end up losing the entire set-up.

I have a 22ft and use a 11lb claw anchor with 25ft of 1/4in chain at Catalina and can hold the boat in the windiest conditions.

You can spend the extra bucks for a Bruce if you like. These little anchors stick so well I have lost 2 of them already on the Horseshoe.

I agree with shiner's post. Check out www.drop-n-stay.com
    I bought the drop-n-stay,and it hasn't failed me yet. With the drop and stay you will be able to solidly set your anchor with less scope ratio. You still should get the chain though.

Mike,
    You gonna anchor at CHINA LAKE?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky70 View Post
    Mike,
    You gonna anchor at CHINA LAKE?
    HA! Yeah, I could imagine launching there, might be very difficult to recover though, HA!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234