Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: What is going to happen this series?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • LAKERS in 5 games or less

4 8.51%
  • LAKERS in 6 games or more

36 76.60%
  • green guys in 5 games or less

3 6.38%
  • green guys in 6 games or more

4 8.51%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LAKERS v celtics

this is gonna be a great series.i give the advantage to the celtics.they play "d".and are pyshical typical east coast ball.lakers had a cakes walk to the final,except thunder.jazz had 2key starters out,and the suns they dont play d.celtics match up good with the lakers BIG.thats key.teams that are small cant match up with the lakers,too big.every team the lakers played were considered small.kobe will not have a series like he did against the suns.if lakers win it will rest on lamar odom playing real good ball.kobe and gasol are gonna get theirs but the key is lamar.but i believe celts in 6.imho

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    this is gonna be a great series.i give the advantage to the celtics.they play "d".and are pyshical typical east coast ball.lakers had a cakes walk to the final,except thunder.jazz had 2key starters out,and the suns they dont play d.celtics match up good with the lakers BIG.thats key.teams that are small cant match up with the lakers,too big.every team the lakers played were considered small.kobe will not have a series like he did against the suns.if lakers win it will rest on lamar odom playing real good ball.kobe and gasol are gonna get theirs but the key is lamar.but i believe celts in 6.imho
    Yet the Suns beat the celts both games they played in the regular season...Lake Show in 6 brotha!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Yet the Suns beat the celts both games they played in the regular season...Lake Show in 6 brotha!

TD
    Cmon TD...

1. You cannot use the transitive property of mathematics and apply it to sports.

2. You cannot compare the regular season to the post season.

Having said that, here's my analysis....

Unless Farmar (aka, Far-Less) and Shannon Brown step up to give DFish some help, Rondo has the talent to run circles around the crafty veteran. If the Lakers have to resort to sending Kobe after Rondo, it will affect him on the offensive side. Rondo isn't an aging Steve Nash, or an overhyped Deron Williams; think more of a Russell Westbrook, who gave the Lakers trouble throughout that series, and personally, was the reason that series went to 7.

The Gasol/Garnett match up will also be an interesting and entertaining one. I think both are evenly matched, probably the best two finesse power forwards in the game today.

Paul Pierce and Ron Ron....South Central versus Queensbridge. West Coast versus East Coast. Artest has held Pierce below his season average this year, and is an excellent defender that will crowd Pierce, who excels in step back jumpers, and lean in paint play. With Artest static cling defend, it will prevent Pierce from getting into his game. Conversely, Artest's sketchy shooting and questionable shot selection will be fresh in Doc River's head and he will test Artest by drawing double teams to Kobe early on. I just hope Ron Ron can be patient and smart with shot selection, or else he may fall right into Boston's man to man defenisive trap and shoot the Lakers out of ball games.

Khlomar Odom needs to grow a pair, and break defenses down with his dribble drive. Bynum will not be a factor, so Perkins may be the wild card in Boston's deck.

Finally, Kobe versus an aging Ray Allen. Not even a matchup, no matter how much Ray Allen's momma yells from the sideline. The Mamba will have his way with Allen, and even on the defensive side, if Kobe gets lost around a Perkins screen and Gasol switches off to Allen, Gasol is a pretty agile 7 footer that can disrupt the spot up shooting of Allen.

Lakers in 7. This series is perfect for David Stern to stretch it as much as possible so the NBA gets their cash. The home field advantage is extremely important, and will be the key to the Lakers winning the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Why the animosity, TM65?

Did a bully in a Laker jersey harrass you in the 3rd grade?

Naw , I really did not get beat up that often . Just tired of the Lakers .

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    You are just bitter because they're the only team in purple that doesn't suck like your Viqueens!

TD

My Vikings are going to Kick *** this year !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post

Now that's funny . Tit for Tat .

Boston has this in the bag!!!!! Kobe will be crying like a lil ***** at the end of these finals!!! lol

Trout 1

Lakers in 5.

Stop Rondo and perhaps Allen = stop Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    Lakers in 5.

Stop Rondo and perhaps Allen = stop Celtics.
    Lakers CANT stop Rondo!!!!

Trout 1

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast