Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 118

Default Ufc 118

ok here we go UFC 118 the card actually has a good number of fights that should be good how ever im extremely interested in the James Toney v Randy Couture fight.

Finally we have a true boxing champion step into the octagon to compete in the sport of MMA. there has been pro boxers who have made the transition in the past such as Marcus Davis how ever he has never held a professional tittles in boxing and he currently is a mediocre fighter in the UFC

James Toney is easily and unarguably the best boxer to ever step in the octagon

for every one who has ever said MMA is just street fighting and any boxer would kick the MMA fighters *** in a cage now we find out what really will happen.

- James Toney has only been training for MMA for four months and there is no way he is sufficient enough in all areas of the sport to be ready to fight a legend that is Randy Couture. James will not be comfortable in a MMA fighting stance which is almost necessary to stop a take down or to properly defend agents kicks he will not be able just to muscle his way out from under Randy Couture and the basic moves that he has been able to learn in his four months of training in my humble opinion are completely worthless against Randy Couture. He is also Use to fighting with 3minute rounds and i am not questioning his endurance im just stating that he will now be forced to fight 2minutes longer which is almost one complete round extra before he gets his 1minute brake and Randy is completely adjusted to these round lengths.

how ever with that being said the fact of the matter is James Toney is a CHAMPION caliber boxer and in boxing skills Randy Couture can not compare James punches will be coming at Randy in angles which randy has never seen Toney will be punching with power that randy has never felt Toney brings punching accuracy to the octagon That Randy cant imagine.

Keys to victory

scenario 1 James Toney wins.

- in order for this to happen he is going to have to keep Randy at rang and use is powerful punching ability. i personal believe that if James Toney dose win it will happen in the first round or at latest in the opening minute or second minute of round 2. and it will either be one of the biggest one punch knock out ever or an incredibly powerful uppercut either on the way into the clinch or exiting the clinch.

Scenario 2 Randy Couture wins

- in order for this to happen Randy is going to have to work the leg kicks and close the distance quickly and keep the fight there he is going to need to get Toney to the ground and either pound him out fast or wear him out with the Olympic caliber wrestling Randy brings to the cage and i would say he will also take any submission that presents it self and drag the fight deep and win by unanimous decision

-The way i think it will happen

Toney is not going to be sufficient at stopping the clinch game, he will aslo not be able to stop The great take downs that Randy Couture posses and all they things that Toney is completely out classed in this fight is exactly The things that Randy Couture is great at and it is the same way he has won his entire career. Randy literally dose not have to change his game plan Randy only has to do what is completely second nature to him he dose not have to worry about or wast training time trying to figure out how do i stop this how do defend that. Randy Couture is not a striker and never has been so his entire career in the octagon he has had to worry about the other guys hands and yes granted Toneys hands are way more dangerous then any others but Toney is absolutely not a threat anywhere else in the game of MMA so that is why i thing Randy Couture wins this fight easily, impressively, decisively and just completely makes a mess out of Toney.

randy is a golden glove boxer no way in hell toney has a chance and yes randy has been hit by lesnar so no toney will not hit him hard than anyone
    my call ref stoppage in the 1st tko victory by couture GROUND AND POUND

and yes i am partial to randy cuz i know him and have trained w him but honestly toney has a punchers chance but randy is gunnna go straight for the take down

yes randy has been hit by Lesnar and not to take away from lesnars power but he dose not hit as hard as Toney just for the fact that lesnar doesn’t have the punching technique or accuracy of James Toney. Randy may be a golden glove boxer but that is like comparing a high school wrestling champ to an Olympic gold medalist.

However your prediction for the fight can very easily happen and most likely will happen

Wow, you gave a lot of analysis on this fight.

Personally, I don't care and haven't cared about Randy's career as of late.

It's going to be a hug fest until Randy gets him to the ground and then it's going to be a hump fest.
    Then decision to Randy.

UFC118 is really about the lightweight picture - The fight for the belt then the fight for the next contender.

CHIDO, ill bet you 5-1 this fight doesnt go past the 1st round let alone go the distance. 10-Randy Couture-KO-1

My prediction, if Randy wins and I think he will, he will have to dodge those bombs and get the takedown then finish him off with G-n-P. Have you seen the countdown show? Toney looks soooo outta shape, if he cant KO Randy in the 1st couple mins I think he will gas so bad Randy will end up KO'ing Toney standing.

If Toney were to win like I said he'd have to KO Randy in the 1st couple mins otherwise he is in for a very long night, or should I say very short night.

TS
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 08-26-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EL_CHIDO View Post
    Wow, you gave a lot of analysis on this fight.

UFC118 is really about the lightweight picture - The fight for the belt then the fight for the next contender.
    yea i did and cuz it is a hug fight for the sport of MMA ever since the sport was born Boxers and critics have called MMA fighters thugs and glorified street fighters with no skills or talent and said that a boxer would destroy a MMA fighter. and well the truth is in mho in a cage fight a cage fighter will win and in a boxing match a boxer will win due to the fact that they are both very different sports that require different skill sets they do how ever have in common that you can punch each other but that doesn’t make the two sports comparable or interchangeable.

as for the night being about the 155lbers your right Saturday will be a very important night and will greatly impact the state of the division for the next year with obviously a fight for the title and the way i see the fight for the 2-3 spots the fight for the 2 spot i believe is Florian and Maynard the fight for the 3 sport is Diaz and Davis and then loazon's and Winner's fights will set them up for a fight with a main contender

watch out for George Sotiropoulos in the 155lb. division! 10th planet jiu jitsu baby!

yea geore is good but i think its going to be a nother year or 2 be for he starts doing really big things in the UFC but hes not even on the card the 28th

I think we'll see Sotiropoulos, Dunham, Guida, Gomi, all in contenders matches against eachother in the coming months. Come summer next year we can very well see any of those 4 fighting for the title if not champion.

TS

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    I think we'll see Sotiropoulos, Dunham, Guida, Gomi, all in contenders matches against eachother in the coming months. Come summer next year we can very well see any of those 4 fighting for the title if not champion.

TS
    your forgetting that Andre Winner is on a 4 fight win streak i would say if he wins this weekend you could consider him in the title hunt.

I am a Clay Guida fan I love the duds intensity, heart and attitude but he really needs to improve his stand up game to be a real threat for the title but he is working with Greg Jackson and his hands looked great at UFC 117 so hopefully his striking skills will just go thru the roof.

and ive been really impressed with Even Dunham that kids got mad skill and tons of heart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast