Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piru 5-30 Plus Lower Lake 5-31 Double Digit!

Default Piru 5-30 Plus Lower Lake 5-31 Double Digit!

Sunday, Piru lake was tough. Mostly for me. We found fish in unlikely places. Water Level is slowly creeping up. I mostly caught small fish. Then we found some barely keepers. Tough day out there! I got a nice sun tan and racoon eyes. Here are the short for keepers...

So, on the way home i suggested that we return the next day to explore other areas. I also mentioned that the lower lake has been quite the news on FNN. YuAyntRyt suggested we go to the lower lake the next day. Since he has to be at work in the afternoon today, we only did a half day trip to the lower lake. We haven't fished this small lake on a boat for more than 2 years. The thought of going to the lower lake brought back memories of us fishing the shore before we had a boat. Lots of fish and Lots of fun!

We arrived at the lake around 7 am. It was very calm. We started by the front side and saw fish everywhere! Lots of juveniles and some 1lbs. We threw drop shot worms to spinnersbaits to crankbaits for nada. Hmnnnn...what are the fish doing? They're just roaming around back and forth. I know what they're doing, I'm just being slow. LOL Hmnnnn... So, I pulled out several bags of tricks. Drop shot different colors and sizes and shapes. And BLAM! This was caught on the fall!

Then, we moved on to other locations before the wind picked up. We noticed several boaters by shallow grass. We used to catch little pounders in that area. Just not so keen about the thick grass. But where ever there is grass, there is fish. Wind picked up a bit and the moon was setting. I told myself, last chance if anything here wants to dance. After four casts to different locations. BLAM! It didn't even fall very deep. I just felt something catch the bait. My line was super slack since i pulled some out to let my bait sink. I love my new rig. So sensitive... So i started to reel in the slack and when i felt it hit again, I just set the hook and Good lord. I saw it flash and it was HUGE! My husband thought i was just joking when i said, get the net! I usually tease him when i catch small fish to get the net. I was very impressed with the way my line and my reel performed. That fish is strong. Swam down about 7 times. Kept pulling out drag. I could feel my line tension to max. Finally with the assistance of my wonderful husband, he netted the fish for me and here it is... 11 lbs.

We may not go back to the lower lake for a long while. Looks like Piru is it for next week end.

BuzzBait

nice bass, good times,, nice weekend

it looks like you and your husband had a great time thats one big bass i wonder how much it would have wieghed if they were still stocking trout still huge congrats.

congrats on the huge LMB, thanks for sharing..

thats a toad bass. Nice going there...from dink to dinosaur just like that!

net!? half the challenge is lipping that beaut into the boat! awesome double digit! super jealous of you and great job!

HUGE! way to go.

Congrats on that 11 lber from the Goon!!

Thank you everyone!

Man nice fish! Looks like you guys had a great day. Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast