Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legg lake 5/31/10 sucks for me

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Very well said Alex.
    thanks brian,stressD listen to bman cuz he was in the same shoes to from how it sounds and now he has evolved to a better

more alert fisherman with probably a higher success rate of fishing as well,

Quote Originally Posted by beaner View Post
    StressD well you need to get back to basics, If you skunked it twice at LL you must not be implying your basic fishing skills. Your probably looking at those girls that are running around with daisy dukes or something. FOCUS if you see bluegill put your worm in front of them and they will take it. Good Luck and catch n release the bass!!
    hahahaha, those dang girls have lost me alot of missed bites for not paying attention...lol

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    . Many of the city lakes just have tough days and have too much pressure. Some days it doesn't matter what you do if they aren't biting. Go smaller, lighter line, and slow down more and more...Couldn't hurt.
    b
    good advice bman

Quote Originally Posted by stressD View Post
    You know what, don't jump to any conclusions!!! You don't know me, and I sure the hell dont know you. For all I know you could be one of those poachers who brings white buckets to take home fish. I didn't ask for anyones "secret spots" only some tips that a legg lake regular can offer, such as what bait might work better for the type of fish that is currently biting. Just simple info any friendly fisherman is willing to offer when asked. FYI, I don't poach, C&R only, I don't really like eating fish, especially the ones caught in dirty LA city lakes. I have time to fish maybe 2 or 3 times a month and wanted to get ahead of the learning curve by asking for "simple tips". BTW, this forum seems friendly enough, JUST NOT YOU!!! Nice picture of the blue bucket full of rock fish, "POACHER", just because you can doesn't mean you should. Over fishing is over fishing, whether freshwather or saltwater.

From your FNN album.
    Now obviously you read my response too quickly like I said for all I know you could be a poacher I didn't say you were, so am I really jumping to conclusions? No, I am not. I apologize if I offended. I can clearly see that you are a CPR fisherman by the way you responded to my comment and the reason as to why I would be so blunt with you about this City Park stuff is that when I first started posting here on the FNN no one would really help me out. I've also done what you are currently trying by slowly FIGURING out the lake that I fish at. Also if you are going to post a report on a City Park just don't they receive too much pressure to be giving out tips on. If you are going to post about a city park just keep it ambiguous. Again sorry I suppose.

-IF2L

thanks for all the good advise fella. I guest I need to learn to relax and enjoy myself out there and stop stressing. BTW, watching hotties jog in short shorts is all part of the fun, lol.
    Last edited by stressD; 06-01-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Now obviously you read my response too quickly like I said for all I know you could be a poacher I didn't say you were, so am I really jumping to conclusions? No, I am not. I apologize if I offended. I can clearly see that you are a CPR fisherman by the way you responded to my comment and the reason as to why I would be so blunt with you about this City Park stuff is that when I first started posting here on the FNN no one would really help me out. I've also done what you are currently trying by slowly FIGURING out the lake that I fish at. Also if you are going to post a report on a City Park just don't they receive too much pressure to be giving out tips on. If you are going to post about a city park just keep it ambiguous. Again sorry I suppose.

-IF2L
    I was talking about you coming to the conclusion that I was after people's secret spots. I know I'm a cynical person but you must be worse than me. Anyways, your insincere apology is accepted. I wanna end this crap, so I'll consider it a lesson learned. Give me a few days and I'll be over it, I tend to over react sometimes.
    Last edited by stressD; 06-02-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Am I worse? I suppose in some ways but I've seen tons of people asking for hotspots that's all. Yeah I do jump to conclusions rather quickly sorry about that. Oh and my rockfish pictures in my album the bucket of rockfish is from Camalu, Mexico where me and a few buds caught those. So I am not a poacher I tend to release most of my fish in freshwater especially Bass, Cats, and Bluegills. From time to time I will keep a few stripers or trout and even then they aren't the trophy sizes just eating sizes. I believe in catch and release so that a fishery is preserved. Just check out my post on the other forum you use. You'll get more info there.

I feel your pain. I was also out there Monday morning and was only able two hook into 2 mini dinks that I think were trying to commit suicide (due to there size).

Quote Originally Posted by Danny300 View Post
    huh? the bite was WFO this morning for the first 3 hours I was there this morning.

Danny travel down the 60W just to fish LL when RJ is in his backyard? I call this quote "busted".

J/K bro (If this is true).

Quote Originally Posted by beaner View Post
    ... Your probably looking at those girls that are running around with daisy dukes...
    Those hotties make me lose my focus all the time, but I don't mind.

LOL@smokinflies............. I grew fishing Legg, Peck rd., & Santa Fe. I know those lakes better than I know my wifes body or my wang I busted out the best old school bait of all time for legg. And, it was BASS ON!
    Last edited by Danny300; 06-02-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny300 View Post
    LOL@smokinflies............. I grew fishing Legg, Peck rd., & Santa Fe. I know those lakes better than I know my wifes body or my wang I busted out the best old school bait of all time for legg. And, it was BASS ON!
    lol.

Shoot me a PM the next time you're coming into town bro.

Skunker of the Year right here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12