Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need Lake Gregory advice.

Default need Lake Gregory advice.

Some of my friends want to hit Lake Gregory next week. I have never been there and was hoping someone can let me know what works there. Any info would be great it's going to be a hour plus drive to get there I'm just woundering if it's worth it. Thanks in advance and Tight Lines. Rick

Hell yeah, very much worth it. I spent the weekend thr a few weeks back. Beautiful setting, good fishing, good weather & winds and they're stocking this week and have stocked almost every other week for the past 2 months.

I've used the usual PBs, nightcrawlers w/garlic, and mealworms and had success with all.

I still hope to catch a Brown using Panthers & Thomas B's.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Oh, and they have some BIG Koi swimming 'round.

A gigantic Orange Gold one swam by me when I was wading. Pretty spectacular.

they stock Gregory well for a small lake. the area outside the baseball fields are good fishing in general. I've done well fishing with their rental boats as close to the waterfalls next to the swim area as you can get. the change in oxygen content there draws trout in during the summer.
    there is good crappie fishing here too. a couple crappie jigs and a bobber and you're good. you can catch them right off the shore in some spots, just gotta find the cover. there are lots of crayfish at gregory, and some good sized bass too. never caught a bass there tho.
    no private boats.the rentals aren't outrageous compared to other lakes. they let on float tubes, and i believe pontoons too. either way, you have to launch from the rental area and wear one of their life vests while on the lake.
    Last edited by dockboy; 05-27-2010 at 06:50 PM.

The area by the baseball fields is pretty good. I just use inflated crawlers; if no trout in the area, you can hook up on a bullhead.
    PS- lots of carp in there

sweet guys thanks a lot. I will hit it, I have some frozen mack from my last ocean trip should I take it or do the kitties perfer NC??? I'll make sure and give a good report since I got so much feed back and help. thanks again. Rick

Quote Originally Posted by sgtskunk View Post
    sweet guys thanks a lot. I will hit it, I have some frozen mack from my last ocean trip should I take it or do the kitties perfer NC??? I'll make sure and give a good report since I got so much feed back and help. thanks again. Rick
    I wouldn't bother with the cats up there. Throw on a crawler and you're doomed... The 3" cats will harass you all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the cats up there. Throw on a crawler and you're doomed... The 3" cats will harass you all day.
    Very true, the baby cats will appear on your line much to your chagrin when you think you got a nice bow on.

they still have brownies in gregory??? where do you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    they still have brownies in gregory??? where do you find them?
    According to a report I read(with pics), and speaking with a few locals, yes they are in there but very rare. I think 1993 was the last time they stocked Brown trout, that's why I so look forward to tracking one down!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast