Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: G.Loomis Pro Green Casting

Default G.Loomis Pro Green Casting

anyone try the new pro green casting rods? thinking of ordering one. the casting models just came out this year.

I checked out the pro blues. They were not splined correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by sashimi View Post
    I checked out the pro blues. They were not splined correctly.
    Most rods aren't. They are built on the straightest axis simply because that sells better. Building on the spine will sometimes leave the customer thinking that they received a "crooked" rod. Many check for straighness, few check for spine.

Will you know the difference when you fish it? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Most rods aren't. They are built on the straightest axis simply because that sells better. Building on the spine will sometimes leave the customer thinking that they received a "crooked" rod. Many check for straighness, few check for spine.

Will you know the difference when you fish it? Probably not.
    true Kev...the only thing is (not tellng you anything you dont know im sure, lol) is the more off spline, the higher the chances the rod could snap when loaded up......

GD

picked up the rod last night, i had to special order it since no one had it in stock (7'4", 8-15#). paired it with calcutta cte250dc. during the summer we fish the coast alot and were planning on checking out new areas in the southbay in addition to our usual spots. ill fish it saturday or sunday and report back.

took the setup out to malaga cove and the rod performed well. super light and responsive. the reel was even better. the thing casts like a dream! i highly recommend both.