Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McGee Creek Jul 14-17th w/pics

Default McGee Creek Jul 14-17th w/pics

It was time for a much needed get away so Sapen, Sint, Sapens Daughter and I hit the road for some clean air and some relaxation. We were going to meet Hbrew (Dad) and Josh, my Nephew who was visiting from Texas up at McGee Creek.
    I had spoken to Fishsum earlier in the week and it seemed that he was going to be heading that way Saturday morning on his way to Tahoe for a week. So we planned to meet up for breakfast at Jacks in Bishop for some breakfast then some quick fishing. It seemed kind of funny to me that we live about 45 minutes away from each other and we planned to meet up 4 hours away for some breakfast. Hmmmm. We both arrived in Bishop within two minutes of each other and it looked like our plan was going to come together. When we pulled up I was also surprised to see Beernfish and was able to meet his wife. It was great to meet her.
    It seemed after breakfast that our plan was not going to come together due to the fact that Fishsum was pulling a boat and it was evident that it wasn’t going to be a good idea to trail the boat along where we wanted to go. Oh well, maybe next time. I did get to see Fishsums wife again and meet their beautiful daughter for the first time. Sure glad she gets her looks from Mom. What a cutie!!

We then proceeded up the road to our final destination. Within a couple of hours of arriving we were joined by my Dad and Josh. Got camp set up and all was right in the world!

Fishing was pretty good all in all. It was a little slow at times, but the end result was pretty good. The weather was great during the day but pretty windy in the afternoons and had a pretty heavy dose of thundershowers Sunday night.

This was Sint’s first time up to the Sierras camping and stream fishing. He got off to a slow start, but caught on quick and definitely caught his share.
    It seemed that the only thing that was wrong with the trip was that it was much too short as always.

Here are a few pics of our adventure. Hope you enjoy!

The Fishsum family

Sint

Sint n Sis

Dad (Hbrew) on the grill for breakfast

Storm

Rainbow

Creek pics

Crowley lake

Some Dinner

The Catch

Have some more pics but dont want to bore you...LOL...

X

Nice report man. Looks like a good time was had by all and you can never post too many pictures.

Very nice pics Roy!

Looks like you guys had a nice time and escaped the L.A. heatwave a little!

I wonder what your fish in the aquarium are thinking about seein all their cousins layin out on the counter like that.. and do they get nervous sittin next to all the knives???? :shock:

Looks like ya all had a nice trip. Congrats on all the fish.... :D

:banana: got some free fish thanks to all of you roy and the fam bam nice vacay , now i'll post after dinner tonight yum yum .

Default McGee

Well, it is just as beautiful as ever. I miss it so much. Looks like everyone is having a good time. Glad to see my son is still alive and well. I hope you didn't torment him to much. Was he fishing?? If you have more pictures of him please send them. I haven't seen him in a week and it is driving me crazy! I really wanted to jump in the Durango and take off Wednesday night.

Alphabet

Looks like y'all had a great time up there. I miss waking up at dawn and just walking down creeks all day...

Thanks for the comments all! It's great to be able to share the trip with all of you!

I can tell you one thing. After going back to work today I think I need another trip sooner than I thought.

X

OUTSTANDING Roy!

Beautiful photos and a great report!........&#4 6;.. Im am so envious!

Thanks for sharing this GREAT trip with us all and thank you for the Team 57 photos!........&#4 6;..... I will add them to the T57 site soon!

Dana

That's pretty cool!!! Nice counter full of fish. The chow looks real tasty.

We missed you guys on Saturday, but it looks like you had a great time without us...lol

One of these days I'll join you up there for breakfast too.

One_Leg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast