Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vail Royal Flush

Default Vail Royal Flush

I had an opportunity to get away to Vail for the weekend with my wife (Vicky) and fishing buddy (Megan), this was the first time we took the motor home and stayed the night (Friday and Saturday). The plan was to get to the lake on Friday night in time to get the boat in the water and fish an hour or so before the sun went down, well, that didn’t quite happen. So, I woke up early on Saturday to get the boat in the water and try to make bait. We were on the water and fishing by 6:00, Vick slept in ‘till 7:00 and took off with the car for the day. I’ll let the pictures do the talking but let’s just say we had an awesome time (40+ for the day). Megan landed some big fish, and I caught a “ VAIL ROYAL FLUSH”. What’s a Royal flush? Well, I have heard the three main fish at Vail called the “Trifecta” (Bass, Cat, Crappie) four different species called the “GRAND SLAM” well, I caught five species (Bass, Cat, Crappie, trout, and carp) in the same day: ie. the “ VAIL ROYAL FLUSH”. We fished on Saturday from 6:00 – 3:00 took a nap, and planned to go out again from 6pm to about 8 but the wind kicked up and the sun hid behind the clouds so only made it to about 7PM ( that’s when I got my biggest bass). Megan’s top 5 had to go 25# or more (mine, not nearly as much).

Sunday we got up at 6:00 and fished for a few hours, and caught a few (3 or 4 a piece), lost a few, and had to get off the lake to head for home. There was a very cold wind in the morning and dark clouds over head. In fact, when I was pulling the boat out (9:00am) a squall blew through and dumped rain and hail for about 5 min. then it was gone. Very odd to say the least.

Oh, one more thing, there was a tournament on Saturday: at about 7:30, I looked back towards the launch ramp to see 60 boats speeding our way! The tournament was for wounded veterans, so I go to see a few familiar faces (including Art Hill) as they passed by. It made me stop and think how fortunate I am, to be living the American Dream (with my wife and kids), because of the sacrifice of life and limb of so many brave service men and women. Let me be the first to say, let’s not forget why we have a three day weekend coming up (Memorial day).

Enjoy the pics!

first fish of the day

Megan bendo on first fish

2nd fish

Megs first big one

many small ones

all by her self

Another big 'un

Her Come the FATTIES!!!

And here is my Royal Flush:
    1) any Bass from above
    2) Trout (on Crankbait)

3) Nice Crappie

4) Carp on dead shad

5) Catfish on Worm

Sunday, all fish were like this:

Home sweet home

peace,
    Joe

Whoa way to go! Hey WTF, I didn't know they stocked rainbows at Vail?! On a crankbait no less, nice!

Wow ~ That's what call a Great Day! Awsome pics....Congratulations on a terrific day with the family, doesn't get much better...

Megan is my idol! Great job out there you guys!

Looks like Megan schooled you. Nice job on the flush. I caught a trout on a large spinnerbait the other week, kind of caught me off guard.

nice job... some of those bass look real skinny look like they were thick piggys by looking at their huge heads an huge mouths

Wow amazing job seriously, did she really catch all those fish? You caught any fish possible very nice. Great job on all the nice size fish caught =]

Default Wow!

You are da man! (and Meg is lucky to have an old man like you)

Quote Originally Posted by GrabBass1 View Post
    You are da man! (and Meg is lucky to have an old man like you)
    thanks man, that is a very nice thing to say.

LuvThymetal
    Wow amazing job seriously, did she really catch all those fish? You caught any fish possible very nice. Great job on all the nice size fish caught =]
    She really hooked, caught, worked, played, and landed those fish. Dad was on net duty.

Doorman is right, she schooled me on the big fish.

AngryAgent
    Megan is my idol! Great job out there you guys!

Yesterday 08:07 PMfishcaster
    Wow ~ That's what call a Great Day! Awsome pics....Congratulations on a terrific day with the family, doesn't get much better...
    Thanks for the kind words AngryAgent and PMfishcaster

Hey WTF, I didn't know they stocked rainbows at Vail?! On a crankbait no less, nice!
    to JAG107: I know! WTF! I was as surprised as you.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage2887 View Post
    nice job... some of those bass look real skinny look like they were thick piggys by looking at their huge heads an huge mouths
    mirage2887,
    ya, good eye, a lot of them were all spawned out females with flabby, thin bellies. I'll bet they were porkers a few weeks or a month ago.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast