Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piru 5-22/23 wind blown!

Default Piru 5-22/23 wind blown!

I was at work on saturday but YuAynRyt was itchin' to go fishin' after two weeks of shore fishin' at little rock reservoir. (Long story short, the trailer of the boat broke down the day before mother's day and has kept us out of the water. I was looking forward to fishing mother's day and it was just not happenin'. Finally after the grace of the manufacturer sending us the replacement torsion axle, we finally are back on!)
    He couldn't resist to take the boat out to fish Piru even after I had warned him about the windy weather forecast. He got there around 12 noon and the parking lot was full. The water level is a bit up and the bite was tough. He came home with this pic. Only catch of the day.

The next day, we got to the lake around 7 am and the water was calm. We fished areas that we usually don't get to fish due to windy conditions. That was for nada. We then went to where he last caught fish for nada. For the first time this year i threw a buzzbait out for nada. Threw a spinner for nada. Threw a crankbait for nada. Heck! I even threw my tackle box and see if i can knock some fish on the head!(jk) But there was nothing to knock out. The only thing that was gettin' knocked around was our boat. Wind started to pick up around noon and we decided to check out some grassy spots. The wind was very furious at times and we had to tied up to some submerged trees. Poking around the potential hang ups and finally i caught a 8" fish. About time! YuAyntRyt hooks up with a super dinker and lost it! Too much grass and twigs. After loosing 2 rigs and a fish and a rig and another... the wind calms down... we untied and drifted for a bit and trolled along the edges. The wind picks up after maybe ten minutes. GRRRR.... pushing us around like a bully. We hit El Diablo and watched a couple catching fish. I observed that they caught a nice size fish. Perhaps about 3-4 lbs. Nice catch! After gettin' nibbled and worms gettin' stolen, i called the cove quits. We then proceed to go back to where we last caught fish and worked it. It was about 3 pm and the wind slowed down a bit. We fished it by some springs and blam! Piru little lunker! Didn't take pic. Eh...and blam! We took this photo coz we thought it would be nice to be reminded of how small these guys were...

Then after another little lunker... eh... and blam! another little lunker... ugh Wind picks up again and pushes us away from hot spots. I started feeling sore from the wind. Effin' eh! My burned hand started to feel sore aswell. Ugh! This sucks! We then headed for some shelter. After 30 mins into more of nothings Blam! Barely keeper. We kept moving. I see fish swim between the thick moss and trees. UGH! I've lost 8 rigs that day. There were only like 2 weights left in the box. So, I tried fishing with a crank bait and my hand felt too sore to even hold the rod. Back to d/s. Then we hit a shore with some bigger fish.

The last fish of the day...

Overall, not a bad day at the lake. Nothing stops us from fishing, not even mother natures wrath of cold wind!

BuzzBait

did you get the water temp?

That water temp has been ranging from 68-71 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Crankster View Post
    That water temp has been ranging from 68-71 degrees
    thanks, but i just called the lake and they said it was 59 degrees today.

Great job on them bass!

keep their lips rippin man! good job out there.

Nothin is holdin ya back...nice "slap-back" to mother nature..

congrats, you guys are showing some nice consistency out there...

Salute to a job well done !
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
    keep their lips rippin man! good job out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThymetal View Post
    Great job on them bass!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    thanks, but i just called the lake and they said it was 59 degrees today.
    Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Nothin is holdin ya back...nice "slap-back" to mother nature..

congrats, you guys are showing some nice consistency out there...

Salute to a job well done !
    Gary
    Thanks! We may just hit up castaic next week. We'll see about the wind. I am not a fan of castaic winds. Last November i was up to my knees in water in our boat. Five Foot Swells doesn't make it too easy to trailer the boat.
    Seen a few guys a couple of years ago trailer thier boat in the wind and a big wave launched their boat into the back of their truck! NO THANK YOU! I felt bad for those guys. I haven't seen them back since.

sunday was rip roaring. we were planning on surf fishing and the wind made us change plans.

Nicely done especially with that wind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast