Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 5/22 - 4 hour Goon Mission

Default 5/22 - 4 hour Goon Mission

My buddy and I headed out to the goon Saturday night after my graduation party. We have never fished the goon, only the upper lake so decided to hit it up for a night session. Anyhow we got there and the lady said we could pay to park, fishing was 24 hours, but that she closed at 7. Sounded okay to us. We parked fished for a little while for nothing, the winds were blowing quite good. The Sun started to set so we decided to move back toward the upper lake damn to get some cover and try and find some bites. Couple hours go by, still for nothing so we start to walk back. Heading up the hill we find a large dog and large man on our tail. DFG ... Anyhow he was nice, but he informed us that we couldn't park where we did, probably are locked in, and we might have gotten a ticket. So we walked back and sure enough all he said was true. $50 OUCH!!!. Thank you Castaic Worker lady for your failure to inform us that we couldn't park in that lot all night .... anyhow we found a way to get to the second parking lot through a little running trail and parked at a "legal" place for the goon. Decided we would hit the water for another 30-45 mins. It was a good decision. After a couple casts my friend nailed a 5lb 12 oz chunk, and then I followed with a 5lb 9oz fighter. Few more casts and we were out cause the wind was getting over 20 mph and it was no fun. The 2 chunkers did make it worth it, although the ticket was the suck. Sorry for the crappy pics from my phone, the camera we brought battery died.

Nice bass guys! Did you guys get them in the south near the 1st lot or up further toward the 2nd lot? I need to hit the Lagoon from shore at night until this wind dies down.. Ouch! That ticket sucks!

Yeah i was there on the 22nd and guess what ?? I also got a effin parking ticket, 45 bucks. Im gonna call bitching at them and rage cuz this is bs! There was nothing around saying what time the parking closed or anything and when i paid the entrance to park the lady never told me ****!!! They give out some castaic lake recreation area pink paper with lots of info, but nothing about parking which is nonsense. Plus on the paper it says " The east side of the lagoon offers anglers 24-hour shoreline fishing". Didn't think there was a parking time limit GRRR

Great job on the bass anyways =]

worth it for those 2 chunks

Congrats on the Nnce looking fish.

From the Castaic site "24 Hour Fishing
    Castaic Lake has a 24 hour fishing area with a fish cleaning station located off the Lake Hughes Rd. lower lake campground entrance. Parking is free, except during park hours. Fishing OUTSIDE OF PARK HOURS in any other location, unless otherwise permitted, is PROHIBITED.

I couldn't find anything stating you need it now, but I believe you also need a Wilderness Adventure pass to park there after hours legaly.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThymetal View Post
    Yeah i was there on the 22nd and guess what ?? I also got a effin parking ticket, 45 bucks. Im gonna call bitching at them and rage cuz this is bs! There was nothing around saying what time the parking closed or anything and when i paid the entrance to park the lady never told me ****!!! They give out some castaic lake recreation area pink paper with lots of info, but nothing about parking which is nonsense. Plus on the paper it says " The east side of the lagoon offers anglers 24-hour shoreline fishing". Didn't think there was a parking time limit GRRR

Great job on the bass anyways =]
    Well, they call the 2nd parking lot the 24 hr lot. They do post when they close and open though: sunrise to sunset. They should; however, post something about the first lot not being a 24 hr lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine_Michael View Post

Castaic Lake has a 24 hour fishing area with a fish cleaning station located off the Lake Hughes Rd. lower lake campground entrance. Parking is free, except during park hours. Fishing OUTSIDE OF PARK HOURS in any other location, unless otherwise permitted, is PROHIBITED.

I couldn't find anything stating you need it now, but I believe you also need a Wilderness Adventure pass to park there after hours legaly.
    You don't need a Wilderness Adventure pass. Never hear anything about those.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 05-24-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Yea i see, but another thing is that the lady or guy(i cant remember) wasnt really doing their job. They are suppose to tell you what time the park closes or at what time the parking closes. Every other lake i have been to, they nicely let you know what time they close and where to park.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine_Michael View Post

No adventure pass needed

To topwater tony:
    Congrats on the nice fat feesh guys...way ta go..

Sory bout da ticket : (

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Nice bass guys! Did you guys get them in the south near the 1st lot or up further toward the 2nd lot? I need to hit the Lagoon from shore at night until this wind dies down.. Ouch! That ticket sucks!
    Right by the horizontal pier dealio ... casted out prob20 ft past the end of it to what seemed like the end of the weed line.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    No adventure pass needed

To topwater tony:
    Congrats on the nice fat feesh guys...way ta go..

Sory bout da ticket : (
    yeah ticket oh well lessons learned, 1st 5+lbs this year though stats earned