Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Team 57 in Maui on the Strike Zone

Default Team 57 in Maui on the Strike Zone

We did a combo trip on the Strike Zone in the Maalaea Bay. We trolled for about 1.5 hours out around Molokini and then bottom fished for a few hours and then trolled again for another 1.5 hours. We had no luck on any sportfish, but we did score a few blue stripped snappers. The crew broke out some smoked marlin to sample. That was very tasty.

In the pictures: Crew member showing us how to not jack up your first shot at the chair on a large sportfish. Too bad we didn't get to test out what we learned.

Had a gret time...paid way too much...like everything else on Maui.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strike Zone.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	22838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strike Zone2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	22839  

Ther's always next time MRA!
    Shoot, at least you were in Hawaii!!

Ill take a day fishing Molokini ANYDAY!.......... even if I get skunked too!
    Thanks for the report MRA!............ still cool!

MRA,

Couple of years back in “07” I went for a Fathers Day Trip onboard the Strike Zone with my son and had the same results on the troll.

My son Brad dreaming of a big gamefish!

Working the troll!

This was my first Summer Vacation with the family due to my work schedule and as luck would have it I could not actually get away from my line of work at all.

Just as we were calling it quits on the drifts and ready to go on the troll back to the harbor a Grass Fire broke out near Lahaina and the Captain and Decky were reel busy communicating to their loved ones and making sure they were able to evacuate the area and allow us to get an additional hour on the troll for still nada!

Got to visit the Wheel house with the very friendly captain and give him some Fire Behavior lessons.

Then got to sit in a 5 hour traffic jam trying to get back to the room and rest of the family up north of the harbor!

Managed to pick up a Grey Snapper and was able to avoid a healthy Restaurant bill for five!

Thanks for the Memories

Steve