Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LATE REPORT:seabiscuit 7/14-7/15

Default LATE REPORT:seabiscuit 7/14-7/15

sorry for the late report guys...fished the seabiscuit out of channel islands sportfishing this past weekend charted by our own DavidE..we fished Santa Rosa island..didnt find any WSB but had easy limits of quality rockfish for everyone..big thanks to david and his friend quang for putting this together..this was my first time on the seabiscuit and i must say they are really awesome..very hard working and friendly crew..captain bobby tried hard to put us on fish..he even took us back to early spot to give another shot at wsb before we headed home..where this guy picked up a huge halibut..and i hooked into a .......SEAL that took me for a hard ride :roll: .i also had a pleasure of meeting other FNN members..BigBassFrank and his son..Pineapple Express and other cool dudes..burritos and burgers were great..beer was cold..i had a great time..let's do this again guys...

Looks like you guys took home some tasty fillets. Sammy doesn't seem like the type of person you would want to piss off. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

WOW Jimmy, you slayed them!

Very nice to hear that the Sea Buscuit crew was helpful. I always go on the Biscuit if I go up north (Oxnard/Ventura) because I've been WSB fishing with them, and maaaannnn, THEY WORK THEIR A$$ES OFF! We limited out on the croackers in like 2hrs. Not to mention 18 croackers in the +30lb. range. It was INTENSE!

Again, good job out there! :thumb:

After July is over, hit me up with a PM since I'll be done with summer school, it would be a pleasure to meet you again over some quality fishing.

4g63power,

Nice report jimmy,

It was fun to meet you and alot of the other FNN'ers..My son and I had a blast..

He caught so many fish, it was amazing..Yeah the crew of the sea biscuit were out standing to the very end..

One thing I did notice as I was leaving , capt bob was loading the squid onto the boat Island tak. And if you look at the reports the Island tak with a load of 11 people caught 29 WS??:shock: :shock:

Oh well, maybe it will be us next time,bbf

And thanks dave for putting a nice trip together.

4g63power, Thanks for a great report.

I wish you guys had scored on the croakers. Next time maybe, huh?

It looks like Frank might get used to having that much room to move around if he keeps fishing on a boat that size.....lol
    Congrats to you and you son, Frank.

One_Leg

howzit Jimmy

yeah.... that was a great trip!!! BIG UPS to DavidE for hooking it up.
    it was such a pleasure to meet you, BBF & his son David, n1ckxlam-Nick,
    & everyone else as well... actually that was my first time i've ever
    fished for rock cod. i had a blast...!!! on that last stop i thought i for sure
    had a WSB...remember i was the first to hook up & it turned out to be
    a seal... then my buddy Lenny hooks that nice Halibut. not bad for a 2nd
    time deep sea fishing & landing the jackpot fish on his new okuma outfit.
    he's hooked big time. aaahhh...good times.
    those guys on the Biscuit did a hella killer job putting us on the fish.
    Sam(deck hand) had us in stitches, that's one funny dude which also took
    care of us. i would highly recommend fishing on this boat. i can't say
    enough about the great service all around. howard kept our belly's happy & the
    captain whom put us on the fish. i've been on alot of boats & the Sea Biscuit
    is a FIRST CLASS operation.
    those rock fish made killer beer batter & tacos...mmmmmm so ono...!!!
    thanks for the cool report Jimmy....!!!

Peace Out & Tight Lines
    PE

Aww man it was definetly good times!!! Meeting BBF and Vg63 and fishing with Pineapple xpress and Nick again is a testament to the good people from this board. I look forward to fishing with you all again !!!

As the pics showed we hit good quality rockfish and one nice hali for Lenny. Way too bad the croakers didn't show for us but theres always next year.

As for the Island Tak hitting them that guy has some spots and can get closer in shore than the larger party boats. I want to fish that boat sometime but the only way seems to book it really early or be on his cancellation list.

Oh well, all in all this was one of the best trips I've been on. The service and effort of the crew was top notch and the quality of fishin partners was awesome. Big thanks to everyone for going and making such a great experience !!!

Peace

Nice report. The Seabiscuit is a good boat, I've fished it many times. Be sure to ask chef "Howie" how he got that name next time. He'll regale you with many stories about all the former L.A. Raiders that he fished with when he was working on a different boat out of Redondo Beach.

The Island Tak is a specialty WSB and Calico boat. If they are not catching any WSB, nobody in and/or around the Channel Islands is. I tried to book a trip on the Island Tak last summer, but was informed they were booked until October. I'd rather take my chances on the Seabiscuit than wait for months for a spot on the Island Tak.

BigBassFrank - don't worry we'll get em next time..your son is murderous..had trouble keeping up with him..it was nice meeting you guys..may be i will stop by at irvine lake for hot dogs and cold ones..

pineapple express - glad to hear that taco tasted great..mine was great also with tecate..you need to tell me where i can taste some real hawaiin food..im getting sick of LNL and Ono..tell your buddy Lenny to send some fillet over..haha jk..congrats to him!

DavidE - thanks again for putting this trip together..it was a blast..let's all do this again..oh yea..i hate 23 and 1/2in lings..next time you hold the head and i hold the tail then...PULL! haha

awsome day out fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast