Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: El Dorado News

Default El Dorado News

Spent today at my usual Thurs. spot ... got numerous planter trout to 1 + pounds, and bigger than palm size Blue Gill. Many shadows following, big shadows, and no luck with the swim baits and assorted lures. As we were leaving someone around the reeds from us, caught a very long and large bass. Saw the picture taking, hooh-yaws from the road. Looked about 4-5 pounds but thin, maybe a male?, or a spawned out female, at least 20-22 inches from my viewpoint. They were taking pics, so maybe someone will post later tonight. Good day overall, El Dorado is a good fishing place ... don't let anyone tell you different.
    Ferg

Quote Originally Posted by heydaad View Post
    Spent today at my usual Thurs. spot ... got numerous planter trout to 1 + pounds, and bigger than palm size Blue Gill. Many shadows following, big shadows, and no luck with the swim baits and assorted lures. As we were leaving someone around the reeds from us, caught a very long and large bass. Saw the picture taking, hooh-yaws from the road. Looked about 4-5 pounds but thin, maybe a male?, or a spawned out female, at least 20-22 inches from my viewpoint. They were taking pics, so maybe someone will post later tonight. Good day overall, El Dorado is a good fishing place ... don't let anyone tell you different.
    Ferg
    Nice report Ferg....Nice to hear the Trout are able to stay in the lake at least an extra week...Totally different from other lakes. I agree that El Dorado is a good fishing place. I've only been once and fished in one spot, but we caught some nice trout and my wife and little ones were able to enjoy themselves in the shade. Plus we were able to let the little ones run around on the grass area. We also drove around and checked out the back lake and it looks like El Dorado has lot of fishing spots.

brian

where is el dorado? what freeway is it off of. Sorry i'm way East equal distance to Silverwood and DVL.

Default 605 Freeway

It's next to the 605 freeway, in North Long Beach

I think the exit is Spring.

i was there for about an hour yesterday, caught one lmb.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmath79 View Post
    It's next to the 605 freeway, in North Long Beach

I think the exit is Spring.
    Correct! Take Spring WEST off the 605 and the park will be on the right.

Edit: Screwed up location...
    Last edited by Hoshnasi; 05-21-2010 at 12:46 PM.

El Dorado is indeed a great place to fish has a lot of different types of species of fish that you can catch
    Thanks for the info might head over there tomorrow.

Fished el dorado today for a while in the morning. Saw quite a few trout being chased by big bass still, and some bass hanging tight to the reeds.. only caught one bass about 1 1/2 lbs on a spinnerbait.