Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic by day, Duct by night 5/19/10.

Default Castaic by day, Duct by night 5/19/10.

Castaic.
    I got the invite to fish Castaic on John's boat, a friend from Palmdale and his friend Mike. I took the opportunity to get on another slay....hopefully like last Saturday night fishing, we caught over 50 stripers and kept 3 limit.
    We got to the spot around 7am and I did not get a bite until 8am. It was a slow pick morning, I got 4 nice size stripers 3 to 4 lbs, lost one after a good fight and 1 broke my 6lbs main line after a long fight too .
    At about 10.30am...some one turn on the fan.....the wind was howling out there up to 20mph.
    My friend John got 3, 2 of them was nice size and 1 is a schoolie. Mike did not get anything while I was there, he also got a few bites, but lost it. You'll get em next time Mike.
    John drop me off @1.00pm. I hope you guys got more after I left.
    Mike, It was nice to meet you,
    John, Thanks for the invite. We should go out again soon ;).

Here are some pics.....All nice size fishes! The pics doesn't show true size of these fish.

From the top , look down the Dam.

Morning fog.

The Catch.

With John,

Duct.
    On my way home from Castaic, my friend Hai text me "duct tonight?" and I talked to him......"let me talk to my boss at home & let you know ;)".
    By 6pm I text back "The boss allow me to kill more stripers :)" and off to the duct we went @ 8pm.
    We got to the first spot and fish for about 45min with just a few nibbles and I went over to Hai side & ask "any bites?", he said couple bumps, so I said make a few more cast and we go.....Just after saying that I made a cast next to him....couple crank....HOOK UP! I can felt the strengh of the fish with the current I said to Hai "It's a nice one....get the net". We landed that fish with the help of Hai and later weight in @ 7.3lbs.
    We stayed there for another 15min, with no more bite and off to the next spot we go. I got a few bumps at the second spot and in my fifth cast I hook up again with my 2nd one of the night, it's about a little more than half of the other one, but I was happy :). Hai got a couple hook up, but lost after a few second fight....Bummer!
    We left @ 2.15am.

Here is the picture.

You'll get em next time Buddy! And thanks for letting me fish with you ;). We will go out again soon.

KPN.
    Last edited by kpn; 05-21-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Add more pictures.

Wow you've been kinda busy.

Do you have someone to clean all of those for you?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Wow you've been kinda busy.

Do you have someone to clean all of those for you?
    Ron,
    It will be an honor if you come over to clean my fishes........
    My inlaw will clean all of the fish .

Thanks bro.

KPN.

Quote Originally Posted by kpn View Post
    Ron,
    It will be an honor if you come over to clean my fishes........
    My inlaw will clean all of the fish .

Thanks bro.

KPN.
    I guess we don't have to worry about that. Half the time I won't clean my own fish. I give them to someone who will take them frozen whole.

fishinone

nice work khanh, lay 'em down and "smack 'em yak 'em !" I'm telling you....back to back trips ? sounds familiar !

Nice SLAYAGE !

sweet....makes me proud : )

Gonna have ta talk ta Hai, but you shouldn't be schooling him down so hard, he might get a skunk complex : ) heh heh heh j/k

Nice work at Castaic n' da duct....

I'm getting due myself I've only been out 3 times this week counting saturday and last night was not for me but for the teaching experience...

But with that being said, I'll have to go home do a quick bake job and eat some striper tonight b4 my next slay which will be ? Hmnnn...

I think 32 stripers in 1 week could NEVER be enough....MORE BLOOD ! More Slay....More BENDO...

Congrats on the fine catches,
    FTS

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    nice work khanh, lay 'em down and "smack 'em yak 'em !" I'm telling you....back to back trips ? sounds familiar !

Nice SLAYAGE !

sweet....makes me proud : )

Gonna have ta talk ta Hai, but you shouldn't be schooling him down so hard, he might get a skunk complex : ) heh heh heh j/k

Nice work at Castaic n' da duct....

I'm getting due myself I've only been out 3 times this week counting saturday and last night was not for me but for the teaching experience...

But with that being said, I'll have to go home do a quick bake job and eat some striper tonight b4 my next slay which will be ? Hmnnn...

I think 32 stripers in 1 week could NEVER be enough....MORE BLOOD ! More Slay....More BENDO...

Congrats on the fine catches,
    FTS

Congrats
    LOL. Althought I hooked into a huge carp on the KPN. I fought it for about 10 mins and the whole time I thought i was getting my double D striper for the first time but.... I had Khanh ran like a mile to bring me the net but in the end it got away.

Quote Originally Posted by HaiTheMeister View Post
    LOL. Althought I hooked into a huge carp on the KPN. I fought it for about 10 mins and the whole time I thought i was getting my double D striper for the first time but.... I had Khanh ran like a mile to bring me the net but in the end it got away.
    So your saying it was a carp SKUNK huh.....Noob !

Ahhhh ha ha ha....just kidding buddy, that happens, I back hooked a 9/12 a few months back and landed it but I frequently drag accross a carp and come up with scales on the KPN....scales the size of a half dollar...

there are some huge ones out there..

Your time will come....just beleive....meanwhile...I think turners has a special on carp dough ! : )

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha...

Keep on 'em Mr stinky will be gone b4 you know it : )

CARP KILLA' !

Came to Castaic this morning. The wind was so strong.....went back to sleep. Thanks for the report

great job kahn, im goin need some super-plugs for the slugs at san antonio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,

congrats on the double slay,nice job!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast