Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Half Day Mako Slay........Oyeah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeAmRealGhetto View Post
    All the sharks were filleted and steaked and will be personally eaten/handed out so no worries of waste there.
    Can you please pass some out here .......

Ohhhh hel Yeah !......one SWEET outing.....3 troll hookups and 2 landed thats outstanding..

DAMN SWEET !

some sick feesh there guys, way ta roll, looks like your on a roll Captn' Jeff....Ayyye' ! Aye' ! looks like you got da; sharks' dead Eye'd in ur sights !

Sweet !

Hopefully 2 of many more to come...

Slayage !

P.S.

I love those shots of it cooking, man, I'm ready to head out to lunch right now and it made me want some......looks GOOD !

I'M HUNGRY !
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 05-20-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Baby killer's!! Why would you guys kill two small mako's? Is our seal population not big enouff for you guys? Shows your lack of salt water fishing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    DAMN NICE FISHBONESSSSSS, Ghetto, And Webmastaaaa!!!!!
    Sweet day out in the water!!!! MAKO KILLLL ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
    Damn too bad about the MB though, hope you get that thing fixed up soon.
    thanks geordy good times for sure, sux bout da banz tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Megsdad View Post
    This is an epic post!!!
    thanks for the great read and cool picks. I can just imagine how stoked you guys were with your treasures from the deep.
    good food too --the best!joe
    we were super stoked joe....i mean ....it was are first mako's....so delicious....yumm!

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Nice going guys. Sucks about the car.
    thanks T65,,,thank god for geiko...

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Heck ya man way to go on the double makos congrats nice report
    thanks frenchy, it was a sweet day

Quote Originally Posted by marzocchi View Post
    You need to marinade those steaks and grill them, then bring them over to my house.
    LoL.....yeah, get in line....i had to turn my phine off from all my friends callin tryin to get a piece ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swank909 View Post
    Holy crap! That pic says it all.........haha too awesome!!!!!
    it sure does......lol

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Killer epic 1/2 day. Nice job and steaks for all.
    DR
    thanks DR, that shark is being enjoyed by many familys, including mine,

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    a alex you got me on my first strper,whats up with my first mako.good report and pics way to as always you fishing pyscho.lol
    thanks johnny, the fishing psycho will get ya hooked up....

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Very nice and yummy. Where you live and what times dinner? lol
    LoL, theres a small group of people already circling my house chanting we want mako.....

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Outstanding 1/2 day guy!
    Two beautiful, and tasty Makos.............Capt'n
    thanks scott, you said it perfectly with five words!

yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihawwww!!!
    what a dayyyy man!!!
    just woke up from a 12 hour "nap" feeling supperrr except for this SORE SORE SORE left arm JEBUS! lol
    Goooood day goood dayyyyy!!
    eric, what a day bro huh, congrats on our first makos

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    Damn thats awsome. You guys are fierce looking! What a way to wake up huh Alex? Enjoyed the read. Congrats to you both for your first Mako's. I would be shaking with excitement thats for sure. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Eddie C.
    it was awesome x100000000000000 fierce and hungry, thanks eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    Sorry about your car. I hope the other guys insurance is covering it.
    they got all the info exchanged

Quote Originally Posted by Native Gal View Post
    fishbones,
    Sick!!!!, awesomely sick report. Mako mania, love it, Congrats to ya Gents.
    Man those Mako do taste yummy, tried some years ago and delicious indeed.
    Thanks for the killer read and awesome photos, sweet cooler shot.

NG
    Thanks NativeGal so you know the amazing flavor of it....simply delicious.....i think i will be eating it for the next few..MMmm

Quote Originally Posted by jiggaman View Post
    was it really neccesery to kill two makos... just a thought but one if any seems plenty... the number and size have gone way down because of the constant keeping of these great sport fish... just my two cents
    Both of us had never caught one before, I worked as a deckhand and all of the shark was used when cut and these sharks were not wasted, I personally gave some to many friends of mine, eric is part of a church group where the shark was given out to familys.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    he gonna share his catch.right alex.lmao.keep them in the freezer.you never know when your gonna catch another.
    and you know this .......man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    you cant be angry ya most boats only keep one but its was both of theuer 1st makos its tradition to kill give him a break
    its ok frenchy, i expected there to be some that dont approve, and to those i say this was our first makos.
    they were cleaned and cut by myself a ex deckhand of 4+years and none of the shark was wasted.
    There were many happy familys that were given a piece of to to enjoy for lunch or dinner.

rest assured none of the fish will go to waste. We set beforehand that our limit on mako would be 2. We didn't go passed that so we didn't have to worry about it, but if we caught a third we would have released it.
    All the sharks were filleted and steaked and will be personally eaten/handed out so no worries of waste there.
    preaching to the choir
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can you please pass some out here .......
    hahahaha......wish i had more i would have made a post on here giving it out free ...

sounds like alot of people would have enjoyed some

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Ohhhh hel Yeah !......one SWEET outing.....3 troll hookups and 2 landed thats outstanding..
    DAMN SWEET !
    some sick feesh there guys, way ta roll, looks like your on a roll Captn' Jeff....Ayyye' ! Aye' ! looks like you got da; sharks' dead Eye'd in ur sights !
    Sweet !
    Hopefully 2 of many more to come...
    Slayage !
    P.S.
    I love those shots of it cooking, man, I'm ready to head out to lunch right now and it made me want some......looks GOOD !
    I'M HUNGRY !
    thanks gary it was a bloody great mako of a time for sure.....arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paDDy View Post
    Baby killer's!! Why would you guys kill two small mako's? Is our seal population not big enouff for you guys? Shows your lack of salt water fishing experience.
    First off it was our first two makos we ever caught, we hooked two more and lost them... so that tells me there is more than just two makos out there....have you never kept a fish because it was your first fish.? im sure you did one time in your life.
    Lack of saltwater experience??? i wont even go there. these 130+lb makos were handed out to many familys that enjoyed them.
    perfectly legal and delicious, everyones allowed to have there own opinion.

well ill make this my last post on this topic as its worthless too try and teach people things... but killing two SMALL makos is not right in any world... one is perfectly fine and plenty believe me i know. so if u caught a 20 lb pup thresher u would keep it because it would be your first one ever? Just because its your first one ever does not make it right to kill a local pup mako... once again just my two cents and personal opinion. If u want fish to feed people than why not go and slay on some local sculpin or rock fish that are plentyful iff the newport coast btw i mean no disrespect with this reply in any way

let 'em have their victory....sheesh...everyone has to lighten up..

Give 'em a break, they don't have to follow YOUR standards as individuals...stop telling them what is right or wrong, it's fine to suggest but seems this is lighting a fire into a bash thread....and going in a whole different direction rather than fishing conradery...haven't we all seen anough of that bullcrap....let 'em fish...if it's not illegal....let 'em be...sheesh.

come on guys...this is a little ridiculous..

My 2 cents

P.S.
    Maybe they'll feel differently after their intial kills and see it from your perspective....who knows.. but the real point is it's their choice to decide what to do with their catches not yours !
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 05-20-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Wow! you guys really got in them. Unbelievable! Congratulations.

EARG weighs about as much as the fish you caught.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by jiggaman View Post
    well ill make this my last post on this topic as its worthless too try and teach people things... but killing two SMALL makos is not right in any world... one is perfectly fine and plenty believe me i know. so if u caught a 20 lb pup thresher u would keep it because it would be your first one ever? Just because its your first one ever does not make it right to kill a local pup mako... once again just my two cents and personal opinion. If u want fish to feed people than why not go and slay on some local sculpin or rock fish that are plentyful iff the newport coast btw i mean no disrespect with this reply in any way
    as my buddy pointed out in his post,it was 130 plus.not a 20lbr.but i understand your point.not arguing in any way.

We always kill 1 shark a year that will hold us and many other people for the year after that it is always CPR last year we cpr 3 threshers that were bigger then are first one. Not bashing just T-sharks and Makos are getting more popular in sport fishing every year and if we all start hunting them down and killing them esp the smaller units we will put a nice dent in that generation an so forth.Thanks for the pics and report looks like you guys found the sharks hopefully the local WSB bite will pick up more. Time for me to get my Mako or T-shark this year.

Bigred

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast