Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Half Day Mako Slay........Oyeah!!!!

Default Half Day Mako Slay........Oyeah!!!!

I had made plans with Eric "EyeAmRealGhetto" to fish a 3/4 day boat today and quickly
    changed plans and decided to fish with Jeff "webmaster" on his boat instead but it would
    only be for the a.m bite cuz he had to pick up his daughter. Eric met at my house at 315am
    and we jumped in his sweet mercedes and arrived to jeffs at 4am, we parked and loaded
    up the gear and started our journey to Newport harbor where we launched the keilani and
    motored thru the bay setting up our gear. As we were cruising thru the bay i was rocket
    launching a swimbait to docks and shoreline for a drive by attempt at anything wanting to
    play.....no takers....no worries.... We loaded up on sardines and headed a little north to
    some seabass grounds for a try. During the drive i decided to take a quick nap, 15 minutes
    into the drive i feel the boat slow down and hear jeff and eric talking about seeing a fin and
    longtail jumping around, i didnt really get up because there was no action...by this time jeff
    sets up a shark rig and sets it out and within minutes the reel screams as it gets slammed,
    ok that got my attention so i jump out of the bunk and pop up on deck to find jeff and eric
    have hooked something on the troll.

what a way to wake up....eric is on the rod and jeff captianing the boat to the fishes
    needs, it started shaking its head and fighting tuff so there is good pressure on the fish
    and it was a nice one for sure we get it up under the boat and it comes off..... we never
    saw it....it was upsetting and right away we thought that was the only hook up for the day.

We set out the rigs again and within minutes my rod gets slammed,,,clicker screeming
    .....jeff guns the boat...i set the hook with fierceness a multitude of times for a sure hook
    set and the fight was on, it felt nice and stayed down all the time....we were not sure
    what it was cuz we have not visually seen what weve been hooking up with just yet....
    after a quick short pump session we had a view of our victim... a 130+lb mako shark....
    we look at each other and start yelling like little girls!!just when we think it was done
    jeff sticks the gaff in it and it goes crazy taking off and peeling line off jumping and
    skimming the water for a short run and then back to the boat for a second try, this
    time the shark goes even more crazy straighting our gaff and peeling off more line
    finally we get him gaffed and tail tied. We had our first victim and my first Mako....oyeah!!

we were all so excited..first eric hooks up but got off then minutes later we land this beauty,
    by this time we are all very excited and are hi fiveing each other so we set out the rods
    again and continue the troll for a while with no action, so jeff breaks out his special pressure
    cooked flavored tuna, this stuff is to die for....and just as the game goes we started
    eating and we hook up for the third time, Eric grabs the rod jeff guns the boat and jackpot
    we are hooked up into No.3 yeah baby......this one is fighting like its not happy and doesnt
    want to come in like the others,

eric is asking how he is doing and jeff and i just coach him thru it, easier said than done...
    especially when eric isnt a big guy and handling this shark was a little harder than normal
    but he held on the best he could and after some fight victory was his!!!!
    YES!!!! thats two big fat makos we boarded, wow the excitement was flowing thru us all.
    So we continue to slow troll shark lures and one of the makos backwards to kill it fasted
    but this guy did not give up so easy, soaking me and everyone else twice while pulling it
    close to check its status...just then another rod goes off and catches us off guard, we try
    and hook it but got the hook spit and were out of bait, we decided to head in and call it a
    morning and motor in as i cleaned and cut our fresh mako's....

As we arrive back to jeff's place we come around the corner and see that eric's Benz has
    been hit....Dang...what a way to end a goood days fishing...luckly the driver left a note
    with name and number...after the towtruck and eric left jeff gave me a ride home.

Those were Eric and my first makos...was a rush they were fishing....and even better eating...
    if you have eaten mako then you know it taste nothing like fish...more like a chicken light
    white meat ....so delicious!!!

Jeff thank you for the invite, you are a great captian and sure can run that boat well..
    Another great fishing mission bro, you made eric's year with that one....i dont think he
    will ever fish trout again....LOL....
    Thank you jeff and eric for a great days fishing.....Fishbones

DAMN NICE FISHBONESSSSSS, Ghetto, And Webmastaaaa!!!!!

Sweet day out in the water!!!! MAKO KILLLL ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Damn too bad about the MB though, hope you get that thing fixed up soon.

This is an epic post!!!
    thanks for the great read and cool picks. I can just imagine how stoked you guys were with your treasures from the deep.
    good food too --the best!

joe

Nice going guys. Sucks about the car.

Heck ya man way to go on the double makos congrats nice report

You need to marinade those steaks and grill them, then bring them over to my house.

Holy crap! That pic says it all

haha too awesome!!!!!

Killer epic 1/2 day. Nice job and steaks for all.
    DR

a alex you got me on my first strper,whats up with my first mako.good report and pics way to as always you fishing pyscho.lol

Very nice and yummy. Where you live and what times dinner? lol

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast