Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fun time at Vail Sunday

Default Fun time at Vail Sunday

My buddy and I fished Vail Lake Sunday and had a great time. No giant bass but a steady bite of smaller males and a few crappie and a bluegill that thought it could eat a lipless crank-bait!
    Erik likes fishing on my boat because he says it is very lucky for him - and it is.
    We started the day trolling around some low spots and I was up four to zero but by the end of the day he had me by three and in the quality department as well. Only got one picture.
    I do feel vindicated, however, as he took a dive into the water about noon - not by choice either. That should humble him a bit - great time and Erik remains the champ on my boat...http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/ima...on_mrgreen.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5898.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	22720  

Hey GrabBass1
    That Cat must have gone over ten by the looks of it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun and caught the "Vail slam" (Bass, cat, crappie, BluGil) maybe we'll see you out there some time, I putt around in a green and white glastron and often have my 13 year old fishing buddy with me (Megan).

good times,
    Joe

It was a big cat and we did have a good time even though I cannot seem to get the mojo on Vail yet. We will be looking for the green and white glastron next time. Take care,
    Joe

how u doing grabbass 1 eric is my supervisor at work he told me about your guys trip great going out there

Default Vail

Vail was fun and Eric always seems to beat me when we fish together. I keep hoping it will rub off on me but not so far!