Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 5/15

Default Castaic Lagoon 5/15

Hit up Castaic Lagoon this past Saturday to try out my new Solo Bass Hunter. It started out great, but eventually the battery died, so I was confined to the shoreline the rest of the day.

The fishing was pretty good on both sides of the lagoon, with fish hitting in 5 to 15 feet of water. Baits I used were a 4" drop shot Roboworm in Smoke/Purple Neon, Robo X Pitchin Kraw in Aaron's Magic, and a Lucky Craft Rick Clunn shallow crank in Citrus Sexy color. All baits produced a fish, but the hot bait was the Pitchin Kraw, for sure.

I was also lookin for the hot panfish bite I'd been readin about, but couldnt find em. Anyone got any solid Panfish spot on the 'Goon??? PM me wit some info, please!

*edit* I am tryin to post my pictures, but for some reason I am being blocked from doing so.
    Last edited by FishinElectrician; 05-17-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Here they are! Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1335.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	22711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1333.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	22712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1340.jpg 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	22713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1338.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	22714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1337.jpg 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	22715  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1339.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	22716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1341.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	22717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1334.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	22718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX1336.jpg 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	22719  

congrats on all the nice bass you caught, great job.

Thanks bro. I think I did pretty good. I cant wait to go back, but this time with the right battery for the job!

It sucks no one was willing to give me the scoop on the crappie spots on the lagoon, tho! Oh well...

way go out there!great job.

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.LipRipr View Post
    Thanks bro. I think I did pretty good. I cant wait to go back, but this time with the right battery for the job!

It sucks no one was willing to give me the scoop on the crappie spots on the lagoon, tho! Oh well...
    Np, let me know the next time your going i want to go to the goon again =]

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.LipRipr View Post

I realize this is a little late but, the last I heard the Crappie were on the east side near the fishing pier hitting mini-jigs and some small bass cranks. Usually most people I know fish the shore in the S/W cove near the private dock for the most consistant bite.
    But nice job on the bass. A back injury has been keeping me from what I would say is the best spring 'goon fishing I've ever seen since I moveed up here back in 1978-79.
    LW.
    Last edited by Liteweight; 05-20-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
    I realize this is a little late but, the last I heard the Crappie were on the east side near the fishing pier hitting mini-jigs and some small bass cranks. Usually most people I know fish the shore in the S/W cove near the private dock for the most consistant bite.
    But nice job on the bass. A back injury has been keeping me from what I would say is the best spring 'goon fishing I've ever seen since I moveed up here back in 1978-79.
    LW.
    Thanks for the tip on the crappie, bro! I kinda figured that private dock was a good spot, but I couldnt stop fishin for Bass!

Sorry to hear bout your back, especially knowing that its keepin you away from such a hot bass bite!