Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats a good recipe for salmon

Default Whats a good recipe for salmon

I found this

Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs

* 3/4 cup Safeway SELECT™ Ginger & Sesame Teriyaki Marinade
    * 3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
    * 2 tbsp. minced garlic
    * 1 tbsp. O Organics™ Granulated Sugar
    * 1/8 tsp. hot chile flakes
    * 8 10-in. metal or wooden skewers
    * 2 lbs. boneless, skinless salmon fillet, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes
    * 2 bunches green onions, white and light green parts only, cut into 1-in. lengths

1. In a medium bowl, mix terikyaki marinade, ginger, garlic, sugar, and hot chile flakes. Add salmon and mix gently to coat. Cover and chill 45 minutes. If using wooden skewers, put them in a shallow pan with water to cover and soak at least 20 minutes.

2. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct, high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds; visit our Grilling Essential section for complete instructions). While grill heats, drain wooden skewers, then thread cubes of fish onto skewers, alternating with pieces of green onion.

3. Place skewers on well-oiled cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook about 4 minutes. Using a wide spatula and tongs, gently turn each skewer over. Cook just until salmon is browned on the outside and no longer translucent in the center (cut to test), about 4 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter.

Basically anything that you can add to butter will go good on salmon. I've tried just about every combo possible... I've even tried del taco hot sauce mixed with butter on salmon

Montreal steak seasoning and then grill it. MMM

Wild salmon placed in a piece of doubled aluminum foil, skin on, with minced garlic, red onion rings, lots of butter, do not be liberal in these ingredients. Wrap loosely, even leave it mostly open. If you wrap it shut you will get a nice flakey salmon, leave it open a little and you should get some charring of the fish (I like it this way better). A piece that is primarily from the tail end will char better. 10-20 minutes max (based in the size of your hunk of fish), check the fish at the half way point.

If you don't cook much, the charring is more difficult to pull off.

Japo
    Last edited by HBJapo; 08-05-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Cut into slices, add wasabi and soy sauce and enjoy! :)

Applewood Smoked.

This is the best salmon/trout recipe I have tried, and I've tried a lot...

Take some cream cheese, some parmesan, a bit of garlic powder, some lemon pepper, and some chopped frozen spinach, and mix them all into a paste. The amount you make will depend on how much fish you are cooking, and the individual measurments will vary by tastes, but you generally want the cream cheese and spinach to be the boss. Fillet the fish, debone it, and stuff the fillets with the filling by putting a scoop on the fillet and rolling it up around the filling and turning it upside down. If the fish is large, you can slice the fillets thinner. Before cooking, rub a small amount of cooking oil on the fish and place it on a cookie sheet or oven-safe dish, then bake at 285-300 degrees for about 30 minutes. When done, squeeze a bit of lemon on it and you're set. Practically melts in your mouth, he he he. If you wanna try an even better version, add some diced artichoke hearts to the filling. Avocado works well too, :wink: Tight lines.

never thought about using cream cheese on it i bet it tastes good

Quote Originally Posted by AfishNsocal View Post
    never thought about using cream cheese on it i bet it tastes good
    Philadelphia roll - a little wasabi, good shtuff.

Japo

im going to have to try that out thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast