Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consolation At Newps

Default Consolation At Newps

Took the long drive down to Campland on the Bay to realize that the brakes on the trailer were screeching, so scratched out that plan. Ate some In and Out and figured that home turf is the next best place.

Didn't get there until late and could only fish for a little over an hour, but made the best of it. First problem was when I stepped out of the car and somehow managed to break the tip off my rod. Well, I guess no casting gear for me today since I only brought one casting, one spinning setup. Haven't fished spinning in nearly a year even though I just bought a new Saros 2500. Couple bites on the fluke and sledhead, but don't like the feel of it on spinning. Switched back to the Hammers and...well...hammered 'em. Four fish in the last stretch. Three spotties and a chunky, feisty YFC.

All the fish are eating well with an abundance of bait in the water. Granted they are pretty micro, so pull out the UL. Perhaps next week...

Bummer about the breaks, both trailer and rod tip.
    On the other hand , nice looking fish.
    Robert

good line up of suspects.

i like the way you took the pictures . good thing for the spare rod . nice yfc time to bust out the 2lb test???

Kev,

Looks like you pets are well behaved for the pics!

I can never get them to stay that still when I thumb them! Or it is your way of hiding that you are back to poaching my locations!

Where are your fishing buddies?

Sorry to hear of your gear problem but I would guess the Spotties were schooling and having some fun with ya! I am only having fun with ya as I have done the same in the past!

Steve
    Last edited by flyngby; 05-17-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonFish View Post
    i like the way you took the pictures .
    X2 Cool pics.
    DR

I like how your catches are so obedient and lay there.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Bummer about the breaks, both trailer and rod tip.
    On the other hand , nice looking fish.
    Robert
    Yeah, the fish were a relief after a whirlwind of troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks View Post
    good line up of suspects.
    Thanks Spooks, just keeping them in check.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonFish View Post
    i like the way you took the pictures . good thing for the spare rod . nice yfc time to bust out the 2lb test???
    The planks on those docks are 6" wide, so that's kind of my way of measuring them.

Spare rods are a godsend sometimes. After my buddy broke a rod last trip to MB, he was fishing with half a rod and was getting weird looks from a lot of people haha. I knew bringing a spare would be a good idea. Thank God for Shimano's lifetime warranty.

Sometimes I bust out the trout gear with 2lb and fish finesse baits all day, but after breaking off a bunch of good fish, I'm kind of over it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Kev,

Looks like you pets are well behaved for the pics!

I can never get them to stay that still when I thumb them! Or it is your way of hiding that you are back to poaching my locations!

Where are your fishing buddies?

Sorry to hear of your gear problem but I would guess the Spotties were schooling and having some fun with ya! I am only having fun with ya as I have done the same in the past!

Steve
    I was just as surprised as you were when they weren't flopping all over the place. Intimidation & Respect...hehe...

Funny thing is, Nick and Kevin got skunked haha. My casting gear was out, and I haven't casted spinning in forever, so getting perfect casts was a pain in the butt. However, nearly every good cast was a bite.

The Harbor BECKONS!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    X2 Cool pics.
    DR
    Thanks DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren714 View Post
    I like how your catches are so obedient and lay there.
    Like I said, intimidation and respect haha. They are happy pappy under their docks again.

look at you cesar milan. the fish wisperer

Must establish dominance. Be pack leeder...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast