Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Where to Launch A Newport harbor?

Default Where to Launch A Newport harbor?

I usually launch at the coast guard dock is there any other spots to launch a yak or tube deeper in the harbor where there is parking near bye. Ive covered all the water at my current spot i need new sites to see. Thanks

You can launch under the PCH Bridge. If you are driving south (towards Corona Del Mar) on PCH, turn left on Bayside and another quick left into the driveway that leads to Pearson's Port Fish market/ Southwind kayak Rentals and the Bayside Village MHP marina lot. Continue past the restrooms, marina lot and make your way to the left and park in the dirt lot past the bridge. If you park in the marina stalls or the fish market's stalls you might get towed. Plenty of room to launch a tube or kayak. Hope it works out for you.

Bayside is between Jamboree and where thr bridge crosses the bay.

FYI, I was down there for the weekend and noticed that spot has a sign posted that parking is for Southwind Kayak center customers only.

You can park around 10-15th streets and launch on the bay side of the peninsula, early and late the parking is not too bad if you seek out a free space. You can also walk the beach near the private docks in that area.
    Ferg