Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd Rather Be Fishing

Default I'd Rather Be Fishing

but of course, I am a slave to the Williams (bills). My father introduced me to fishing as a young boy when he took me out to the rocks in Redondo Beach. He set me up with some bait to bottom fish while he throw out the old feather & bubble to hook up some bonitos.

Since I found out that fishing might be a weekend hobby the wife will enjoy doing with me, I try out freshwater fishing. I've been on the quest for catching my first LMB for a couple of months and have learned so much from reading all the great advice in this forum. The quest was finally over with a 1 hour visit before work to El Dorado yesterday. After 15 minutes of throwing a 3 inch trout colored crankbait, I pulled in one which was about 10 inches. After snapping the picture, it was released. Still working on my cast accuracy because in 2 more cast, one got snagged in the reeds and left behind. I only bring this up because when I get home from solo trips, wife always ask (1) did you catch anything, (2) did you lose any lures? She knows worms are cheaper thats why she is fine with the bait & wait while reading a book.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00062.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	22641  

Welcome to FNN, alot of us started on those rocks too...good times for sure!

Congrats on the eldo bass...too bad bout the lure...but its worth it in my eyes..

Fishbones

Welcome... enjoy the site!

welcome to the site,behind the q mary is where i started and redondo baech was second.

WWO says Hi and keep in touch with the site. Lots of great info and good people.

Welcome! Will be looking forward to future posts from ya'll, good times to be had here.

NG

I just have to say that your screen name is one of the top 5 of all time! I love it!

Welcome to the site Bro!
    Nice report and I can relate to the wife asking about the hard baits,,,lol
    Take It Easy,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    I just have to say that your screen name is one of the top 5 of all time! I love it!
    x2

im at work right now and it sucks

welcome

Nice! Also have to say redondo and pier j was one of my starting points!.. It's amazing what determination will make you accomplish!!
    Have fun on this site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast