Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron and the Chokeliers

wow some bold predictions there kobe is too old hmmm look at what jordan did at like 30 something kobes only like 29 or something very bolddddddddddd

no too bold if you ask me...take a closer look and you will see kobe is now running flat-footed....

The Suns are not going to sweep the Lakers! Yea Kobe is getting old but he has a lot of fight left in him. Look at his stats bro.

I still dont get why everyones say lebron is the best ever to play... Dudes cant win a championship if his life depended on it. Kobe the greatest to ever play the game. Kobe isnt the king hes The Emperor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Kobe the greatest to ever play the game.
    Can you provide examples, hopefully involving quantitative statistics, that back up this claim?

I understand being a Laker fan, and a Kobe fan, but to blurt out that statement really requires you to follow it up with the reasons why you think he is the greatest EVER to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by EL_CHIDO View Post
    Simple Math.
    Nice one Chido!

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    If Kobe wants another ring then this would be his last year of getting it. The guy is getting old and will no longer be able to keep up with the younger guys. Did anyone watch the Lake and Thunder show? How does he compete with Fallbrook or Durant? Fisher should have retired a long time ago. Your 7fters are always going to play injured. Good bye lakers!...If the lakers want a chance at another ring they need to rebuild. Bring Lebron, Bosch and Dwayde to LA. Get rid of Fisher, Walton, Kobe, Farmar, and Brown and you'll have a team that will be able to complete for the next 5-10 years.

Magics will beat the Celtics in 6 games
    Suns will sweep the lakers

Magics will in the finals
    You're joking right? (what brand are you smoking)

OH OKAY...Meanwhile D-Fish hits big shot after big shot in the playoffs....he is Kobe's John Paxson

Yeah and the Dodgers should get A-Rod, Pujols and Halladay (what are you smoking again?)

And I thought the rest of the things you posted were ridiculous (please tell me what brand you're smoking!)

You should strongly consider stand up comedy....

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    . Kobe the greatest to ever play the game.
    I don't know about that, as much as I am a Laker fan I don't think we can say that...YET anyways! Tough argument to say he is better than Jordan, Kareem, Wilt or Bill Russell or Dr J for that matter...time will tell, although comparing players now to the ones that played before the 90s is apples to oranges. Athletes in the league today, as a whole are far superior to back then imo.

TD

even HE tries harder.....

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    If Kobe wants another ring then this would be his last year of getting it. The guy is getting old and will no longer be able to keep up with the younger guys. Did anyone watch the Lake and Thunder show? How does he compete with Fallbrook or Durant? Fisher should have retired a long time ago. Your 7fters are always going to play injured. Good bye lakers!...If the lakers want a chance at another ring they need to rebuild. Bring Lebron, Bosch and Dwayde to LA. Get rid of Fisher, Walton, Kobe, Farmar, and Brown and you'll have a team that will be able to complete for the next 5-10 years.

Magics will beat the Celtics in 6 games
    Suns will sweep the lakers

Magics will in the finals

Nice troll and I think you almost hooked up...

Kobe is 31 and he is the only player to score 30 or more points in every game of the conference semi-finals. You call that slowing down? If you're going to compare Kobe to other players then at least spell their names correctly IE Westbrook and not "Fallbrook". As far as 7'ers playing injured, at this time of the year almost every team has some sort of injuries and those that can play through it are the ones that move on and win so that is an irrelevant argument as a whole. Rebuild for what, they have the best player in the league and if you don't buy that then you have to buy this he is definitely the best closer in Kobe. They have the best starting 5 in the league overall and the best 6th man in Odom. How many shots have they been blocking per game because of there size? Yeah exactly. Have you not watched the playoffs before? The Suns will sweep the Lakers? Really? Your post fails completely and you should be banned for such blasphemy. The playoffs are a half court pace and no one, I repeat no one plays better in the half court sets then the Lakers. And as for picking up the other players you listed, well it's not going to happen with the exception of maybe one of those guys but I'm not saying who (it's not going to be Lebron or Wade though and I don't want to jinx it). Lebron gets paid more by the Cavs then any other team. Wade loves Miami and the women and hes not leaving especially now that he's getting divorced what better place to hump groupies? Next time you post use something called a brain

Superbigfish you crack me up! Idiots always seem to put a smile on my face.

As far as greatest player of all time. You have to give the nod to Magic Johnson. Could any of the players mentioned early do what Majic did his rookie year against the Knicks in 1980? Not even close. If you don't what happened google it and think again if anyone else could pull that off. Also he still won 4 more championships afterwards and would've gotten more if his career hadn't ended prematurely. Plus on a side note Majic is cool. How many of the so called "greatest of all time" can that be said about? Most of them or either cry babies or d!cks.

Quote Originally Posted by wellbilldancesays View Post
    Superbigfish you crack me up! Idiots always seem to put a smile on my face.

As far as greatest player of all time. You have to give the nod to Magic Johnson. Could any of the players mentioned early do what Majic did his rookie year against the Knicks in 1980? Not even close. If you don't what happened google it and think again if anyone else could pull that off. Also he still won 4 more championships afterwards and would've gotten more if his career hadn't ended prematurely. Plus on a side note Majic is cool. How many of the so called "greatest of all time" can that be said about? Most of them or either cry babies or d!cks.

I am the biggest Laker fan of them all but even I wouldn't go as far as to say the Magic was the greatest of all time no way sir. He is definitely top 10 material but the greatest of all time without a doubt is MJ and no other. Kobe will never be MJ and I hate the comparisons. MJ did more with less and completely dominated a game in every facet. Magic is my favorite player of all time but not the greatest. I still think it's funny that no one mentions Dominque Wilkins as one of the greatest to ever play either (not the greatest), most under-rated player in the history of the league by far. One of only 6 players in NBA history to average more then 25 points a game for over a 10 year span. Dude was a stud.

Michael Jordan greatest player of all time period.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast