Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 5/13 - First Jerkbait Fish

r u much taller than your dad? the fish you are holding looks smaller but weighs about the same with your dads which looks bigger.

nailing them....congrats : )

Nice work !
    Gary

Thats one of if not my favorite way to catch bass. Good healthy lookin bass.
    Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post

Nice work !
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by SNEAKS View Post
    Gotta love the jerkbait bite. Im hitting up the Lagoon Friday night.
    Ya, it is awesome! How did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonFish View Post
    gotta love that fishin after school =) congrats on your first jerk fish its allways nice catching fish on differnt methods Pops still showing you how to catch the big bass??? =p
    Haha, my dad seams to always catch the biggest fish, but I catch more. I usually catch my big ones when I am tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by BassButcher View Post
    Congrats on your first jerkbait fish! gotta love when you get em on reaction baits!
    Ya! I haven't had any fish on a reaction bait in quite a while, so it was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
    Always good reading. Another good day @ the 'goon. Lots of fish for a "short" day. Congrats on your first jerkbait fish!
    Is it just me or does it look like your dad outfished you today?
    LW.
    Well, I caught more fish, but my dad caught the biggest fish. I had a bigger total weight though. This was my dad's best day so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dockboy View Post
    nice job. rip baits are fun and effective. castaic often has a fine reaction bite. so many guys go straight to drop shot and other plastics without really putting forth the effort for the reaction bite. especially in summer when the mudlines get movin' and the fish are pushin' shad into the creek arms. i've had many good days throwing rip baits and cranks close to shore and the mudlines all day long when plastics guys did only OK
    Ya, practically everyone drop shots, so it is nice to catch fish on something different.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG0FISH View Post
    r u much taller than your dad? the fish you are holding looks smaller but weighs about the same with your dads which looks bigger.
    I am the same height as my dad. I think my dad might hold them out further or maybe the pictures are just taken at better angles, lol. My biggest one doesn't look that big in the picture for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post

Nice work !
    Gary
    Thanks Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by bassmeister View Post
    Thats one of if not my favorite way to catch bass. Good healthy lookin bass.
    It is definitely one of my favorite ways to catch them now!

Fb u have the castaic lg dialed in and are a true student of the art of fishing

Good work out there. Sounds like your dad has you beat on the drop shot lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12