Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Default Hi all

Whats up everyone. Over the past few years I've tried to learn more about the sport of fishing more in depth, (Relying on nothing but bait fishing just wasn't doing it for me anymore). So I went to the internet! I don't have to many members of my family who know much more past letting the line sit in the water and wait for the bobber to go up on the line, lol. So after a long time of trying to gather and not really finding to much, mainly because it was all info. that was related to other regions of the U.S. Then, thankfully, I stumbled across this site/forum. I've learned more here about southern California fishing then I have in the last few years of trying to find tactics/lures/whatever on various websites/video tutorials. And this is in just two weeks! But anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the great site and everyone who posts here and make it go round. Hopefully I can be a part of it to!

Hello Zach,
    Yeah, this is a Great Site to get info. If it wasn't for this site I probably would have never caught a halibut from the surf.
    By the way, that is a nice one in your avatar.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hello Zach,
    Yeah, this is a Great Site to get info. If it wasn't for this site I probably would have never caught a halibut from the surf.
    By the way, that is a nice one in your avatar.
    Robert
    Thanks man, and yeah it's quite a little story too. Caught it at the bait barge in the marina going out of pierpoint on the Victory. Was just fishin for tom cod and mackerel maybe a suprise sand bass with a green/yellow swimbait. Let it sink, bounced it once and it felt like I had the bottom for a few seconds haha. But it slowly came up and there it was, a 25lb halibit. Deck hands couldn't even get over there with the galf cause they were dealing with getting the bait on board, we call one of them over and he laughs it off like were kidding and then goes "Oh S***!" hahah.

Welcome to the board zach, good luck on your missions looking foward to reading some of your reports.

Welcome... have fun!

The old bait tank fish. Ive heard of lots of fish caught at the bait shops but never that nice..
    I am new also, so good luck and get some more

welcome to the site,congrats on that flattie.

Nah man your not allowed go somewhere else..

LOL just kidding bro, yea man keep reading this place is full of useful information!

Looking forward to your contributions, glad you found the site and welcome to the 57 fam....

NG

Welcome!

I dig the avatar, nice Hali!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast