Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Dam before work today 5/13/2010

Default Castaic Dam before work today 5/13/2010

I went by Castaic this morning first thing before work to throw my new Lunker Punker.

At first there was nothing happening then around 7:30 I started to see some movement.

I had a striper make a high speed pass on the lure.

Oh, it was so close!

A couple casts later the Lunker Punker was hit hard.

This little guy hit the middle hook and was stuck hard through the cartilage in his jaw.

I had another smaller striper on in that same spot a few minutes later but it came unbuttoned half way in.

It's hard to believe that these little striper hit a lure that size.

There were some bass on one of the ledges that looked but weren't interested.

More bass were halfheartedly chasing trout up in the corner of the dam and the boat ramp. I had some follow but no takers.

Now "Back to Work.".
    Last edited by fishinone; 05-13-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Nice job landing the striper, guess that lure is gonna get a lot of work this year! Wait until the bigger ones get a hold of it. Must be nice to fish before work.

KID-FISH

Congrats Ron, good job breaking in the new LP....way to slay....Nice!!!

GET BACK TO WORK AND LEAVE THOSE STRIPEYS ALONE,,,LOL,,,,I LIKE THAT LURE RON,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,HAVE TO TRY MINE SAT WHEN IM AT CASTAIC,,,,,,,,,,,

Great way to start the day, better than a cup of coffee :P

Quote Originally Posted by KID-FISH View Post
    Nice job landing the striper, guess that lure is gonna get a lot of work this year! Wait until the bigger ones get a hold of it. Must be nice to fish before work.

KID-FISH
    Thank you, for a second I thought this one was a big one. I think he was moving fast when he hit it, it made noise.

I'm looking forward to a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    Congrats Ron, good job breaking in the new LP....way to slay....Nice!!!
    Hi fishbones,

Those Lunker Punkers make walking the dog really easy. I have a smaller one in trout color, it catches fish too.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    GET BACK TO WORK AND LEAVE THOSE STRIPEYS ALONE,,,LOL,,,,I LIKE THAT LURE RON,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,HAVE TO TRY MINE SAT WHEN IM AT CASTAIC,,,,,,,,,,,
    Thanks T/O, I like it too. Especially after catching a fish on it. Do you have the ivory colored one? I figured that it would be good for striper and maybe not as good for bass. I can see it really well, it shows up great, even when it's under water.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank909 View Post
    Great way to start the day, better than a cup of coffee :P
    I had a cup of coffee with me on the way to the lake. I drank it on the way from the lake to work.

Nice way to start your "work" day Ron . Nothing beat a top water catch! I can't wait for the boils start.......I have plenty of top water lures ready .

KPN.

you better have them ready kpn ,im goping to make my customers bring there own kpns so we slay the proper way on the boils,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by kpn View Post
    Nice way to start your "work" day Ron . Nothing beat a top water catch! I can't wait for the boils start.......I have plenty of top water lures ready .

KPN.
    Top water is fun. I've had one of your 4" topwater plugs tied on and ready in the boat for couple a months. I want to be ready when the shad come up.

Nice going Ron,

what a way to start the day !

Congrats on the Punker Striper.........

Capt'n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast