Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newport pier fishing

Default Newport pier fishing

I go to newport pier every thursday night and right when i get there people are walking out with buckets of mackeral. Schools of mackeral swim by there so its a fun night for everyone. A great easy way to catch them is to use a light leadhead, a small glow stick, and maybe a couple of slip shots. Its so fun oh, and dont forget bait. They love makeral, squid, and chicken. Come on out!

Thanks for the info Mack King.

Ooops, you might want to post in the rendezvous section for fishing hook-ups.

Later Bro,
    Robert
    Last edited by murrieta angler; 05-13-2010 at 07:37 PM.

It's been a while for me, but I think you just talked me into it. Newport pier here we come

Hopefully I can make it out next week, thanks for the info.

NG

might just have to get me some catfish bait next time im out at nph Thanks

A small sized sabiki, 2oz pyramid sinker, and some tiny strips of squid and you are set to go! If your're feeling extra lazy toss a bell on your rod :P Remember to practice safe fishing, just keep what you're going to use. Mackeral from the peir arent good to eat, so just keep a few for bait.

next wekk ill be out catching my bait

Just in time for kitty season....

TD

I went last night to newport pier and it wasn't too good. But my friend got a nice sized sculpin. They took squid the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank909 View Post
    A small sized sabiki, 2oz pyramid sinker, and some tiny strips of squid and you are set to go! If your're feeling extra lazy toss a bell on your rod :P Remember to practice safe fishing, just keep what you're going to use. Mackeral from the peir arent good to eat, so just keep a few for bait.
    All of those Vietnamese grandmas disagree with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast