Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Colorado river 5-7 to 5-10 w some pics

Default Colorado river 5-7 to 5-10 w some pics

Went to the river house for a 3.5 day weekend with the family. We targeted smallmouth but my brother got some bluegill with a rooster tail and an LMB as well, so a trifecta for him. The wind was horrendous Sunday and just as bad Monday morning but we still fished from the boat. There were major white caps on Sunday it was so bad. My trolling motor came through with flying colors though.

The best part of the weekend was my 5 year old catching his first "official" fish. We have fished a lot for crappie on Isabella but it's usually me handing him my reel after I hook up. He lost a few on the river last trip but this time it was all him. I texas rigged a purple 4 inch robo worm for him to jig off of the back of the boat and he nailed 3.

first fish

# 2

All in all a pretty good weekend. Nothing big or even really picture worthy but about 20 fish total between the 3 of us all on grubs, rooster tails and smaller frogs. The water was up pretty high and we just couldn't find them like we used to..

I just helped my buddy s' kid get his first lmb the other day , at 4 he's starting off better then I did . Kids don't forget fishing with there dad I know I didn't .

Cool photos.Is that near Blythe or Parker.

Nice Job little Hawk on your first fish !!!!!

nice work gettin the kid on his first fish.hope many more for him.congrats.

great report and photos, thanks for sharing....those pics made me feel as if i was there..

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Cool photos.Is that near Blythe or Parker.
    Up the 95 from Blythe