Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mother’s Day in The Santa Barbara Surf. A Good Sign of Things to Come! 5/9/10

Sorry Arthur for being the MIA SWAT member for a few days but as you know I received an alarming phone call at 3:30am monday morning. I was informed that my Ex'es house was burning down in Frazier Park! My three kids and her were in need of immediate assistance and I've been knee deep in alot of mess and trying to help with the reconstruction and relocation efforts. That all aside...
    It was a real pleasure fishing the SB area as always and a good day overall. Chris.....You are definately a cool cat and welcom to fish with us anytime. God knows that you have what it takes to handle any SWAT adventure. I do believe that you even have a little NAVY Seal in ya too!
    We can always use a SWAT member willing to do underwater recon as well
    Congrats to you Arthur for your hot stick of the day performance and ATTEMPTING to catch up to my legal count for the year....LOL
    Good luck with Bob on your striper mission and remember......as soon as the offshore winds pick up at Cabrillio......paddle like hell back to the harbor. I don't want to see you blown all the way to Catalina buddy.........DON'T lose your paddle!
    Here's a couple of pics of what has been destroyong my back,lungs,contacts and heart for the past few days.......

The culprit.......A stackpipe fireplace that wasn't properly maintained by the homeowner.

So much for the DVD collection she has been working on for 15 years.
    Hey....Is that the 5 dvd set of planet earth I got the kids for XMAS........Yep!

My 15yo daughter Lucy just walking around in a daze.

Me wearing one of many masks while sifting through all of the ash.

Fortunately everyone is OK and they only lost everything in the living room and kitchen area
    and half of the stuff on the bottom floor due to water and smoke damage but there was enough stuff
    that survived to help to start over. God bless all of the wonderful folks and overall community who
    came to our aid.Including the Local police,Fire Dept and the American Red Cross.
    Everything is going to be just fine!

That is one scary phone call Mike, At least you got the call that everyone is okay and safe everything is replaceable but family is not glad every made it out.

Bigred

Wow dude. That's jumping up to the plate big time. You are a class act for being there in an akward situation. I think you will get some big karma points from the man for your efforts. Glad your family is ok.

Mike,

You and your family are in our prayers Brother!

Some very sad and somber news. Just shows how fragile life can be.

So glad to here that everyone is all right and the loss is only material in nature. Good things come out of tragedy. You find out who in your life are real friends and as you said the community of what seemed to be strangers pulled together and lend a helping hand.

Let me know if there is anything you need help with. Whether it is just someone to vent to, or if we can help out with simple supplies that we all have laying around to help get them back on their feet.

Hang in there Buddy!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe Eric View Post
    Nice work Arthur and SWAT! You guys killed them!
    Thanks Eric, hope all is well and maybe I'll see you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Sorry Arthur for being the MIA SWAT member for a few days but as you know I received an alarming phone call at 3:30am monday morning. I was informed that my Ex'es house was burning down in Frazier Park! My three kids and her were in need of immediate assistance and I've been knee deep in alot of mess and trying to help with the reconstruction and relocation efforts. That all aside...
    It was a real pleasure fishing the SB area as always and a good day overall. Chris.....You are definately a cool cat and welcom to fish with us anytime. God knows that you have what it takes to handle any SWAT adventure. I do believe that you even have a little NAVY Seal in ya too!
    We can always use a SWAT member willing to do underwater recon as well
    Congrats to you Arthur for your hot stick of the day performance and ATTEMPTING to catch up to my legal count for the year....LOL
    Good luck with Bob on your striper mission and remember......as soon as the offshore winds pick up at Cabrillio......paddle like hell back to the harbor. I don't want to see you blown all the way to Catalina buddy.........DON'T lose your paddle!
    Here's a couple of pics of what has been destroyong my back,lungs,contacts and heart for the past few days.......

The culprit.......A stackpipe fireplace that wasn't properly maintained by the homeowner.

So much for the DVD collection she has been working on for 15 years.
    Hey....Is that the 5 dvd set of planet earth I got the kids for XMAS........Yep!

My 15yo daughter Lucy just walking around in a daze.

Me wearing one of many masks while sifting through all of the ash.

Fortunately everyone is OK and they only lost everything in the living room and kitchen area
    and half of the stuff on the bottom floor due to water and smoke damage but there was enough stuff
    that survived to help to start over. God bless all of the wonderful folks and overall community who
    came to our aid.Including the Local police,Fire Dept and the American Red Cross.
    Everything is going to be just fine!
    Mike, U Da Man for stepping up big time brotha. I could hear the stress in your voice when I was talking to you the day after the fire. All matrial things can be replaced and in time it will be. Thank God that everybody is okay. Tell Dez and the kids that Wingnut send his regards and looking forward to hitting the surf with you again soon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345